Buddhist date in google search results

HermosaBeachGuy

I love living in Thailand, and I almost always refrain from falling into the trap of "comparing" living here with other places.  This place is what it is, and I love it.

However, that doesn't mean there aren't sometimes little things about living here that can be maddening, from time to time.  

A perfect example is that, when I'm using Google Search here, my results return with the current Buddhist calendar year.  I've tried searching online for a fix, but they're all either referring to outdated versions of Chrome, or they don't work.  
So, if anyone else has sorted this one, please let me know, either for IOS, or Windows 10/11, or both,

Thanks,

Use Brave browser ????

Seriously: just found that Chrome shows B.E. while brave shows A.D.

So it seems Chrome related.

Or does my Brave browser use a different search engine.

Will have to check 

Edited by KhunBENQ

I just did a side by side comparison.....chrome without vpn = mostly BE dates

chrome with vpn = standard dates

Chrome is up to date
Version 107.0.5304.107

If you're living here, may as well get used to the BE system as you're surrounded by it.....sort of like coming from the US and dealing with left side driving or metric versus not

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Use Brave browser ????

Seriously: just found that Chrome shows B.E. while brave shows A.D.

So it seems Chrome related.

Or does my Brave browser use a different search engine.

Will have to check 

I use Brave and never had a problem as described by the OP

10 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

When you get this I assume you are searching for a calendar is that correct and if not what are you searching for?

No, Google searched for "oil price" with Chrome browser and find results like here:

BE.jpg

3 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Good reason to change browser I think

Indeed Brave becomes more and more interesting.

I always use it to watch youtube videos without promotion clips inserted.

Now also the annoying "cookie accepts" gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed Brave becomes more and more interesting.

I always use it to watch youtube videos without promotion clips inserted.

Now also the annoying "cookie accepts" gone.

I left Google a long time ago for Brave. Not considering changing anytime in the future.

4 hours ago, kokesaat said:

.sort of like coming from the US and dealing with left side driving or metric versus not

Or getting used to 12 November 2022, 12/11/22 as used by most Gregorian Calandar using Countries versus the US version of;

November 12, 2022, 11/12/2022.

Just get used to it.

Most Non-Americans think that "9/11" happened in November!  They (include me) and do not see the rational of the US date system!

The logical sequence of time/date measurement is;

seconds, minutes, hours, day, week, month, year.

and not;

seconds, minutes, hours, week, month, day year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

This one worked!!!

In Settings, add your own custom search engine using this address and make it default.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%s&pws=0&gl=us&gws_rd=cr

Might could change "us" to "uk."

Gets read of all the Thai stuff.

It depends on your region setting, instead of using this url (gl=us means it's setting your region to US), you can also just change your region settings here: https://www.google.com/preferences

If the region is set to "Current region" (and you are in Thailand...) it will display the date as BE

The problem with changing the region setting (or using the link as you wrote, same outcome), is that it will also change the search result. If you use these settings and search for example "lazada" then the first search result won't be Lazada Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

It depends on your region setting, instead of using this url (gl=us means it's setting your region to US), you can also just change your region settings here: https://www.google.com/preferences

If the region is set to "Current region" (and you are in Thailand...) it will display the date as BE

The problem with changing the region setting (or using the link as you wrote, same outcome), is that it will also change the search result. If you use these settings and search for example "lazada" then the first search result won't be Lazada Thailand.

Actually, that one hasn't worked for me.  Perhaps because the browser settings don't pertain to the dates in searches?  Not sure, but I'd tried that a few times before.

2 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

If you use these settings and search for example "lazada" then the first search result won't be Lazada Thailand.

Indeed, and that's why I reverted to current location instead of Singapore. That, and I the other Singapore-based search results kind of p####d me off ????

I've gotten used to try the Buddhist Era dates now. It's 2565 now, so if I see an older date, eg. 2550 I assume it's obsolete info and ignore it ????

42 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Indeed, and that's why I reverted to current location instead of Singapore. That, and I the other Singapore-based search results kind of p####d me off ????

I've gotten used to try the Buddhist Era dates now. It's 2565 now, so if I see an older date, eg. 2550 I assume it's obsolete info and ignore it ????

for Lazada, or Food Panda, or other regional services, I just type "lazada thailand", and that works.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

you can also just change your region settings here: https://www.google.com/preferences

"Saved settings are available whenever you sign in."

I'm not signing in. Screw that.

10 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

If you use these settings and search for example "lazada" then the first search result won't be Lazada Thailand.

OMG. Every time you go to Lazada, you got to search for the link first????? How 'bout some memory supplements? Or just learn to use bookmarks fer chrissake. Lazada, Aliexpress, Shopee, Tesco, Makro, and the Thai banks all have icons sitting in front of me on my bookmarks toolbar. I got icons for TVF, Reddit, and Daily bookmark groups for all the sites and forums I browse and I open all the pages in a group at once.

If you GOT to have Thai Google so you can browse to the link to Lazada, switch to another browser or use a search engine switcher like this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/address-bar-search-engine./jbnopeoocgbmnochaadfnhiiimfpbpmf?hl=en