Pet Friendly Resorts - Nan Province

Basso53

I am seeking personal recommendations from the forum on a pet friendly resort for myself, wife and small dog to stay for about 4 days in Nan Province Christmas period....travelling from Chiangmai.

Have experienced nothing but frustrations with the major players in the travel arena such as Agoda etc.

Cheers

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

Booking.com is usually fairly accurate with their info, simply filter; pet friendly & parking.

If have Thai wife then can call some of the others.  Also look on Gmap for hotel options, but the 'pet friendly' filter doesn't work very good.

Been a while since we stayed at Nan, so can really recommend anything.  Quick peek at Booking.com and 14 options for 30 Nov.  Nothing looking familiar, and a couple seem fine.  

Good luck

This one caught my eye, not cheap though, depended if and what the pet charge is, as stating 'charges may apply'

Nan Rim Nam Resort

• Like 1

As dog owner myself who likes to travel in Thailand, I have seen a big shift over the last 10 years with resorts accepting dogs. I sense dog ownership and travelling with dogs has clearly become more common with Thais, and resorts are responding to that. 

Admittedly, my experience is in a certain range from Bangkok (2-3 hours drive) but many resorts are wising up that a lot of people travel with pooches. Some accept dogs with no issue, some will refuse and some accept with a minor cleaning surcharge, say THB 100 per pooch.

So, in short, I wouldn't worry about it...you can find somewhere.

If you encounter an "emergency" you can always head to the nearest "24 hour love" hotel at 300-500 night (basic but clean) and just try to keep the dog(s) quiet during the check-in process !

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, realfunster said:

but many resorts are wising up that a lot of people travel with pooches. Some accept dogs with no issue, some will refuse and some accept with a minor cleaning surcharge, say THB 100 per pooch.

Not sure how accepting they're getting, as I struggle sometimes getting a place near where I want to be.  At ibis now as I type, and if all else fails, and there's an ibis,  we're good.

Was looking at Krung Thep earlier today, and slim pickins under ฿2000, for pet friendly & secure parking, being another issue.  I don't do street parking. 

Lack of green space in Krung Thep is more of an issue sometimes.  I really don't need ฿2000 worth of amenities, as won't use.

Some are great, no or as stated ฿1-200 pet charge, others just damn silly.  Can't blame them though, as if a hotel owning, I probably wouldn't allow either ????