Re-entry permit successfully

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

So how much time did you lose in your day obtaining reentry permit at immigration.

Including all up travel etc. 

At airport would take 20-30 minutes max

I also like to do mine at the local immigration, is that ok with you?

I have plenty of time and it only takes 20-30 mins.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

Just applied for a re-entry permit at my local immigration, very easy, it only took half an hour 

Fair enough - if you have plenty of time, can get to immigration easily etc and you don’t want to worry about forgetting about it when you get to the airport.....

But, I want to ask... 

.... Driving to Immigration, parking up etc... then queueing, getting the re-entry permit processed and driving home...  All that took 30 mins ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So how much time did you lose in your day obtaining reentry permit at immigration.

Including all up travel etc. 

At airport would take 20-30 minutes max

I went in the city to do some shopping with my wife then I decided to go at immigration first. Better to applied in advance believe me ????

Edited by Jack1988
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair enough - if you have plenty of time, can get to immigration easily etc and you don’t want to worry about forgetting about it when you get to the airport.....

But, I want to ask... 

.... Driving to Immigration, parking up etc... then queueing, getting the re-entry permit processed and driving home...  All that took 30 mins ????

Of course not but my wife bring me over there with our car. She drives fast like Schumacher ????

Last week I also got my re-entry permit here in Chiang Rai.  Twenty five minutes total, 10 minute drive to Immigration, 5 minutes at immigration, then 10 minute drive back home.  I prefer to have it in my passport before getting to the airport.  One less thing to do at the airport.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Not at all airports will immigration process re entry permits. Koh Samui is one such example. 

And PR holders cannot get an exit/re-entry permit/stamp at any airport at any day/time, has to be gained at an immigration office.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:03 PM, richard_smith237 said:

But, I want to ask... 

Obviously everybody's personal circumstances are different but for me it's much simpler and easier to get a re-entry permit at my local immigration office. It's located in a shopping mall that is three minutes drive from my house (or five minutes if I ride my bike).

I normally visit this mall three or four times a week on average, so I pick a time when I was going to be in there anyway and pop into the immigration office while I'm there shopping for groceries or whatever. Last time I did this, the additional time it took me on top of my already ongoing shopping activities was probably less than five minutes.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer