Food delivery rider crushed to death by a truck in Chonburi

snoop1130

316940419_560433056089517_8371829020800505268_n-696x391.jpg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

A 24-year-old food delivery rider passed away in a horrific collision reportedly with a truck on Wednesday, November 23rd.

The accident took place in front of the Bangkok Komatsu Company in the Khlong Tamru subdistrict of Chonburi’s Mueang district.

Chonburi rescuers responded to the accident around noon after receiving a call from the victim’s fellow workers. The victim, identified as Mr. Tawan Pinsuwan, 24, lay lifelessly on the road with serious head injuries. The rescuers pronounced him dead at the scene before transporting his body to a local hospital.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/24/24-year-old-food-delivery-rider-reportedly-crushed-to-death-by-truck-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Very unlucky to fall directly under the wheels a truck - but we’ve seen it time and time again and it will continue to happen with very large vehicles and lots of motorcycles sharing the road while untrained on safety...  

Darn! You must be a very unlucky guy. Time and time again. In reality, how many heads have you actually seen getting crushed under a big truck?

The truck driver claims it wasn't his truck that crushed the rider and it was another vehicle that left the scene.  The report mentions police examining CCTV. 

As this is a serious fatal incident, I really do hope that there is a proper trained crash investigation unit that will conduct forensic examinations of the scene of the crash. Check for tyre impressions on deceased and equipment. 

The truck should be hoisted and taken to a secure yard to check the whole underneath, wheels, etc.  The bike, helmet and body as well.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, aussienam said:

The truck driver claims it wasn't his truck that crushed the rider and it was another vehicle that left the scene.  The report mentions police examining CCTV. 

As this is a serious fatal incident, I really do hope that there is a proper trained crash investigation unit that will conduct forensic examinations of the scene of the crash. Check for tyre impressions on deceased and equipment. 

The truck should be hoisted and taken to a secure yard to check the whole underneath, wheels, etc.  The bike, helmet and body as well.  

And pigs might fly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Very unlucky to fall directly under the wheels a truck - but we’ve seen it time and time again and it will continue to happen with very large vehicles and lots of motorcycles sharing the road while untrained on safety...  

Darn! You must be a very unlucky guy.

As usual - in a rush to contradict you let your foot slip off the clutch too quickly and didn’t think about your comment.... 

..  my luck, or absence of, has nothing to do with reading reports of others getting hurt or killed on their motorcycles... 

17 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Time and time again. In reality, how many heads have you actually seen getting crushed under a big truck?

On this forum alone....  at 4 or so per year... 

Maybe ‘time and time again’ is phraseology you are un-familiar with - it means we’ve seen this plenty of times before... certainly in far more elevated numbers than we are used to in our home countries. 

There is also a Facebook group called ‘dangerous driving Thailand’ in which we see far more reports of accidents etc than we get on this forum....  a lot of those can be quite gory - motorcyclists getting caught under trucks.... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Sad when a such a young person dies on the roads, but not unexpected. In fact, I'm surprised we don't see more injured food delivery riders, based on the way they seem to need to cut inside of turning vehicles, weave in and out of traffic at high speeds, and make right turns from the left-hand lane. 
These riders are trying to make a living, but often doing it at the expense of the safety of others on the roads.

In this case, the rider paid his own way. R.I.P.

It's many motorcyclists in general who ride like this.....  its just that the ‘many delivery riders’ with a big green box on the back of their bike are more identifiable and visible doing this... 

39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As usual - in a rush to contradict you let your foot slip off the clutch too quickly and didn’t think about your comment.... 

..  my luck, or absence of, has nothing to do with reading reports of others getting hurt or killed on their motorcycles... 

On this forum alone....  at 4 or so per year... 

Maybe ‘time and time again’ is phraseology you are un-familiar with - it means we’ve seen this plenty of times before... certainly in far more elevated numbers than we are used to in our home countries. 

There is also a Facebook group called ‘dangerous driving Thailand’ in which we see far more reports of accidents etc than we get on this forum....  a lot of those can be quite gory - motorcyclists getting caught under trucks.... 

Ok, you meant you read about it many times, but wrote seen it. Maybe you should connect the clutch, instead of dealing with others transmission of understanding what you wrote. ????

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Would you consider that a high % based on the number of motorcycles driven in this country? or a low %?

Interesting question....  clearly the high numbers of road accidents in Thailand are a result of the high numbers of motorcyclists in Thailand... 

We’d need to work out the number of motorcyclists and number of motorcycle KM’s ridden... and then incidents of ‘crushed head’ per motorcycle KM’s ridden to secure and accurate statistic. 

Thats going to be pretty difficult to achieve...   So, all I have to go by is this ‘crushed by a truck’ news is not wholly uncommon in Thailand...

I’d hazard a guess and suggest that this incidence occurs proportionately more in thailand than it does in the developed nations with safer roads, better rider training etc... but when getting down to specific gory incidents such as this its difficult to prove without factual data. 

I’m sure it also happens elsewhere - but it seems to happen a lot here as a high or low % compared to other area’s - thats too difficult to tell with any accuracy. 

26 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, you meant you read about it many times, but wrote seen it. Maybe you should connect the clutch, instead of dealing with others transmission of understanding what you wrote. ????

You have taken the comment literally, thats OK, its an understandable mistake as english is not your first language...  but try not to be cute... you’re too far off the mark and not sharp enough. 

Observed on / in the news... read in the news...  = 'we’ve seen’.... 

We’ve seen Harry Kane score 26 premier league goals last season...   it doesnt mean I’ve seen each individual goal in person.... 

I’d hazard a guess and suggest that this incidence occurs proportionately more in thailand than it does in the developed nations with safer roads

But most developed countries do not have the most common mode of transport as motorbikes, i think that comparison would not be accurate.

We’ve seen Harry Kane score 26 premier league goals last season

How did you manage that, he only scored 17.

As much as you like to think so Richard, you can't be right and know everything all of the time.

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

I’d hazard a guess and suggest that this incidence occurs proportionately more in thailand than it does in the developed nations with safer roads

But most developed countries do not have the most common mode of transport as motorbikes, i think that comparison would not be accurate.

Agreed... its a difficult one to call and can only be measured by a comparison of ‘motorcycle KMs’ ridden per-accident... 

For example: UK 2020

Cars were driven 209.6 Billion vehicle miles - There were 669 deaths in cars.

Motorcyclists rode 2.5252 Billion vehicle miles  - There were 291 deaths on motorcycles.

Cars - 313.303 Million Miles per death

Motorcycles - 8.64 Million Miles per death

Motorcycles 36x more deadly than cars in the UK... But if you ride 10,000 miles per year you’d need to ride 863 years before facing death (statistically that is). 

-------------

Thailand doesnt seem to collect stats at this detail - it would be an interesting comparison to draw. 

How many deadly accidents per motorcycle mile / KM are there in Thailand ??

It would also be worth comparing for cars too... 

8 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

We’ve seen Harry Kane score 26 premier league goals last season

How did you manage that, he only scored 17.

As much as you like to think so Richard, you can't be right and know everything all of the time.

Was just a guess... I think in your eagerness to argue the comment you missed the point of the comment....  

You have taken the comment literally, thats OK, its an understandable mistake as english is not your first language...  but try not to be cute... you’re too far off the mark and not sharp enough. 

Observed on / in the news... read in the news...  = 'we’ve seen’.... 

We’ve seen Harry Kane score 26 premier league goals last season...   it doesnt mean I’ve seen each individual goal in person.... 

No, it doesn´t mean that, because you changed to, We, instead of I. That was your way to in a cute way trying to put your mistake under the rug. Beeep! Wrong Try! Looks like you totally missed the mark, and then about the sharp thing, I just don´t know. ????

Edited by Gottfrid

33 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

No, it doesn´t mean that, because you changed to, We, instead of I. That was your way to in a cute way trying to put your mistake under the rug. Beeep! Wrong Try!

No.. I used ‘we’ in the original comment you failed to understand. 

Thus, its best you don’t go down that road and argue the meaning of ’seen’ in this context...  because you clearly do not understand. 

We’ve seen it time and time again’ - means its happened time and time again... IF you don’t understand that context, thats on you, your misunderstanding for missing the nuance of the language used and taking the phrase very literally...    

I’ve no issues with anyone misunderstanding because English is nuanced and complicated - I’m happy to explain...  but, if you want to argue the meaning of the language I have used you are doing so from a position of misunderstanding - its ok to accept you made a mistake and jump to the wrong conclusion in your haste to throw criticism... 

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Edited by richard_smith237

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No.. I used ‘we’ in the original comment you failed to understand. 

Thus, its best you don’t go down that road and argue the meaning of ’seen’ in this context...  because you clearly do not understand. 

We’ve seen it time and time again’ - means its happened time and time again... IF you don’t understand that context, thats on you, your misunderstanding for missing the nuance of the language used and taking the phrase very literally...    

I’ve no issues with anyone misunderstanding because English is nuanced and complicated - I’m happy to explain...  but, if you want to argue the meaning of the language I have used you are doing so from a position of misunderstanding - its ok to accept you made a mistake and jump to the wrong conclusion in your haste to throw criticism... 

Doesn´t matter as you haven´t seen it and only read about it. Go have you tutoring explanation with someone else. The only thing that is nuanced and complicated is to read your replies. You know that´s a Brit thing, right?