Flight Bookings With 'Incorrect'/Incomplete Names

siftasam

Thanks to your help, I am happier about my Bangkok Airways booking  that did not show my complete name i.e. it did not show my two middle names.  

Bangkok is my stepping stone to Zurich and I read on the Swissair website/booking section that providing middle names is an option.

I wonder if computers  or computer operators 'don't want to bother' with middle names.

My problem now is with my Thai partner. I booked Swissair tickets using the translated name on her Thai ID card.

She has now applied for a Thai passport which has translated the name differently i.e. the spelling of the two names has differences compared to her ID card.  The Passport Office of course will not amend this, so I now have to try and arrange for Swissair to change the spellings in order that her Passport and Boarding Passes show  the exact identical names.

She never told me that the name on her ID card (which she will now of course replace) was, so she says, translated by her for the ID section at her Amphur when she was 15!

Do you have any experience of this?

Happened to us just the other day.

I booked Thai Smile tickets for family members a month ago and when we arrived for check in, we were refused for two of the family.

I might add I had done this 3 years ago, before Covid and all was ok then.

Father of the kids had recently applied for new ID card for himself and I believe, a first issue ID card for the youngest child and had mis spelt their last names.

I had all family names correct as far as I was concerned and other  family names were accepted as they matched their respective ID card.

Quick run up to the local Thai Smile  counter had it fixed, luckily just in time to board the aircraft.

Initially the check in counter said we would need to purchase complete new tickets and no refund on the old ones.

Few moments of panic there I can tell you but all sorted, they just changed the name and issued new ticket, no charge....well, as far as I know...no hand came out for extra money so assume none required.???????? 

BUT.....definetely something to be extremely wary of, that's for certain.

Edited by bluejets
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Passport name and International Airline tickets must match.  Even if you slip by on the departing flight, getting past immigration on the other side will be difficult.

Perhaps you need to get this corrected before you leave.

Save yourself a headache and stress. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...