Will there be a problem registering a new address when no name in the house book.

We have been living in a rented house past 12 months while having a new one built which we moved into this weekend. Off to immigration tomorrow to register staying at new house but when copying the blue house book I noticed my wife’s name was not entered, just the house address. When I asked her she replied they cannot enter her name as she is registered in another province where she has 2 houses, land and a rice farm and she has to move her registration to this province which she hasn’t got around to doing yet. She has the chanote plus documentation from the land office here confirming her ownership but will I have a problem with the tm30 if her name not in the book?

This scenario can happen when Thai citizens own multiple houses. Thai citizens can only be registered in one house book at any one time.

Normally immigration also ask to see a copy of the title deed for the property,  which will have the owners name in it.

The same situation occurs when people live in a building owned by a limited company, as a limited company cannot be entered into a house book.

Immigration is well aware of the general issue and it won't be a surprise to them at all.

• Like 2