Getting Money Out Of Korea To Thailand

I need to transfer about 5000 USd out of Korea as I am moving back to Thailand.

Is is better to transfer the money from my bank account in Korea to my account in Thailand. Or should I get Travellers checks?

I usually transfer money to Canada and I have noticed that the one time I did transfer money to my account in Thailand it cost twice as much...something about a re-entrace fee??

I am sure its not that much of a difference but just thought some of you experts could advise me.

Thanks.

I need to transfer about 5000 USd out of Korea as I am moving back to Thailand.

Is is better to transfer the money from my bank account in Korea to my account in Thailand. Or should I get Travellers checks?

I usually transfer money to Canada and I have noticed that the one time I did transfer money to my account in Thailand it cost twice as much...something about a re-entrace fee??

I am sure its not that much of a difference but just thought some of you experts could advise me.

Thanks.

USD 5,000 is actually a small amount of money and I would suggest you get travellers cheques and bring it back to Thailand as you will get a local rate for Baht against the International rate for Baht.  

As long as it is legal out of Korea it is legal into Thailand.

Badbanker

• 2 weeks later...

Meme,

How did you proceed with your money transfer from Korea to Thailand? Did you buy USD travellers cheques and did you encounter any difficulties? I am in a similiar situation ie coming home to Thailand from Korea.

Thanks