Thai Post prices and sending parcel to Europe

stat

The website of Thai Post is a sad joke. Took me 20 minutes to find the attached unintelligble price chart (side 2 lower section with a nice math test).

What are the real life experiences with Thai post sending stuff (in my case desktop pc) to Europe Germany, weight about 20 Kg so should be 3490 Baht as dimension price bigger then KG price. Do they pick up the stuff? Posting here will be way faster then contacting them.

Thanks much obliged!

Thai Post Prices.pdf

Edited by stat

I found DHL to be very comparative with the ridicules fees Thai post charges and the 2-3 + weeks it takes for the item to arrive compare with 3 days with DHL, but best to go to their shops and not call them to pick up, it's much cheaper that way...

Edited by ezzra

On the website DHL is more then 3 times more expensive then Thai Post. DHL quotes are express quotes ie delivery in 3 days. I do not care about delivery too much. They are quoting 14000 Baht for 20Kg. I simply cannot believe that they quote less then 30% if I go to their shop. Can you pls confirm waht made them lower their price by 70%? Thanks!

Funny part shipping from Germany to Thailand via DHL Germany is 70€ for 20 Kg!

Edited by stat

Dont know why the confusion or the 20 minutes timescale.

Click on "calclate fee" from the menu on the sidebar. Then enter destination and weight. the price is then shown for all availabe services.

20kg seems very heavy for PC.

image.png.e5e465efcb7506d5d5fb0f7694f5a031.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stat said:

Funny part shipping from Germany to Thailand via DHL Germany is 70€ for 20 Kg!

Because you are checking regular DHL and not DHL Express. German post outsourced parcels to DHL, which is the "regular" DHL, they only operate in Germany. DHL Express is quite different from regular DHL, and if you check the DHL Express price from Germany to Thailand you see that they charge about 250 Euro for 20kg: https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/pakete-versenden/weltweit-versenden/express-easy.html

@OP:

Just sell your parts here and buy them new in Germany.

Edited by FriendlyFarang

On 11/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, CharlieH said:

Click on "calclate fee" from the menu on the sidebar. Then enter destination and weight. the price is then shown for all availabe services.

20 Mins quite easy because I want to have an overview to decide what I will be sending and what not. So I do not need a calculator but a .pdf. But like always someone pops up and states all very easy ????

On 11/28/2022 at 9:18 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

Because you are checking regular DHL and not DHL Express. German post outsourced parcels to DHL, which is the "regular" DHL, they only operate in Germany. DHL Express is quite different from regular DHL, and if you check the DHL Express price from Germany to Thailand you see that they charge about 250 Euro for 20kg: https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/pakete-versenden/weltweit-versenden/express-easy.html

@OP:

Just sell your parts here and buy them new in Germany.

I did not ask for your opinion what I should do with my PC but I asked how to send a parcel, no offense. BTW NO ONE is buying or selling a 50.000 Baht (without dedicated GPU) PC in Hua Hin that is why I gave up on selling. I stated I am not interested in fast shipping so the question remains why Thai post is asking 3 times the price then German DHL or if there are any alternatives.

Edited by stat

4 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

perhaps a POST OFFICE would/could tell you !!!!

My bad I live in the 21nd century and use the internet instead of talking to employees that do not understand or speak English. And again and again and again I do not know the weights yet. I will decide what I take with me and what not according to prices. And yes I do love travelling around to ask these questions, instead of looking and a webpage.

Edited by stat

8 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

perhaps a POST OFFICE would/could tell you !!!!

On 11/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, CharlieH said:

17 Kg is Pc alone+package+maybe monitor.