Vietnam entry by air - "Back to Normal?"

I too am going to Vietnam for a 15 days trip, and the information that I got are:

- Visa exempt entry for some countries (Finland included) up to 15, days. Passport with 6 months validity and 2 blank pages

- No Covid (vaccine or swab) requirements

- it is not clear if it is still required an health insurance  10.000 USD including Covid.  Vietnam Airline has deleted it from its requirements, but I did not find any official information about its cancellation.

Going with visa exemption I preferred stipulate one with AXA (300 bath....)

federico

23 minutes ago, thaitero said:

What is the list of countries who get this 15 days exempt entry ?

Do one have to have ticket out of the country when entering ?

None at this since they increased it to 45 days. Before only Cambodia and Myanmar got a 14 day entry under a bilateral agreement.

Or are you confusing a visa exempt entry with a visa on arrival that was 15 days after applying for and paying the 2000 baht fee for it. Those countries that qualify for one get 30 days now.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

None at this since they increased it to 45 days. Before only Cambodia and Myanmar got a 14 day entry under a bilateral agreement.

Or are you confusing a visa exempt entry with a visa on arrival that was 15 days after applying for and paying the 2000 baht fee for it. Those countries that qualify for one get 30 days now.

Question was about Vietnam, not Thailand.

1 hour ago, thaitero said:

What is the list of countries who get this 15 days exempt entry ?

Do one have to have ticket out of the country when entering ?

Yes, I used the visa exempt option a couple of years ago and the IO asked for it. I hadn't thought about that and my wife had the flight booking and she had gone through.

Bit of a pantomine getting her back to the booth.

You will find the list of countries here

https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption/#:~:text=Conditions for Making Vietnam Visa,at least 02 blank pages.

• Like 1

I live in Vietnam now, and have been in and out of the country 3 times since August. There are no requirements regarding Covid anymore. Entering on a 15 day visa exemption requires proof of an outbound flight booking, which I assume you, being on a visa run, have. Vietnamese immigration often does not ask for it, but at Suvarnabhumi they asked me for it. I pointed out to the Vietjet lady that I, having a visa, didn't need it, and after consulting with a superior it was okay. At Don Mueang last week nobody asked for anything, but long lines (never seen them that long) at HCMC airport. In Bangkok I was through immigration in 2 minutes. 

IMG_20221119_211647.jpg

IMG_20221119_212235.jpg

Edited by thecyclist

16 hours ago, federicoP said:

I too am going to Vietnam for a 15 days trip, and the information that I got are:

- Visa exempt entry for some countries (Finland included) up to 15, days. Passport with 6 months validity and 2 blank pages

- No Covid (vaccine or swab) requirements

- it is not clear if it is still required an health insurance  10.000 USD including Covid.  Vietnam Airline has deleted it from its requirements, but I did not find any official information about its cancellation.

Going with visa exemption I preferred stipulate one with AXA (300 bath....)

federico

I have just returned from 5 days at HCMC. There were no passport problems, covid certification or insurances required entering or leaving.

The only problem was waiting in a queue for almost one hour at immigration. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Lancelot01 said:

I have just returned from 5 days at HCMC. There were no passport problems, covid certification or insurances required entering or leaving.

The only problem was waiting in a queue for almost one hour at immigration. 

Thanks! Good to hear. 

I remember back in 2019 immigration queues was almost unbearably long, too.