Lazada product descriptions

lyskamm

I am often scrolling thru Lazada descriptions and mostly find them in Thai language only. Once it was possible to just copy and paste for translation. This is no longer possible. Any idea how to translate the Lazada product descriptions?

6 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Use the Chrome Browser - mobile or PC. Call up Lazada in Thai and don't switch to English!!! In the browser select to translate the whole page to whatever language you want - for instance in the menu of the Android browser you will find translate. Now you also have translated the reviews. Text in pictures will not be translated. You can download the images and use the Google translate app for them. 

Text in pictures will not be translated. You can download the images and use the Google translate app for them. 

Good idea....I will give this a try....

35 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Let me make this very very simple....

On a PC, Use a Chrome browser......

Make sure Lazada or Shopee is set to English.....

A modest amount of stuff WILL be in English....But most will not be in English..

Right click the mouse on the page to translate.....Then click on translate...

There you go,.....That's it....

No highlighting required...............

Thanks great I will try!!

50 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Text in pictures will not be translated. You can download the images and use the Google translate app for them. 

Good idea....I will give this a try....

Use the google translate on your phone and point that at the image on your computer/laptop screen.  Saves a lot of effort!

PS;  the reason I use the select rather than the whole page translation is initially I only need a quick translation of the description.  All the rest can come later if and when I get serious about the product!

• Like 1

Also, bear in mind that many Sellers simply steal product descriptions from each other or from other sources and often have no clue what is exactly the raw material and such. 

We've tried it with various products and find it appalling how limited their knowledge is on their own products. 

And indeed, many lie about their products. We have often ended up not getting replies upon asking various details both in Thai and English. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, garrya said:

Also, bear in mind that many Sellers simply steal product descriptions from each other or from other sources and often have no clue what is exactly the raw material and such. 

We've tried it with various products and find it appalling how limited their knowledge is on their own products. 

And indeed, many lie about their products. We have often ended up not getting replies upon asking various details both in Thai and English. 

The (Almost) solution to this problem is to click on many different sellers  of the same product....Mix it up between Lazada a Shopee.....Many many very many times at least one seller has a pretty good description of a product.....But on occasion they all suck....And some times Amazon will save the day.....But then again some times Amazon will not save the day with a good description......

24 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The (Almost) solution to this problem is to click on many different sellers  of the same product....Mix it up between Lazada a Shopee.....Many many very many times at least one seller has a pretty good description of a product.....But on occasion they all suck....And some times Amazon will save the day.....But then again some times Amazon will not save the day with a good description......

True. Finding a good Seller with good and correct product description is like finding a needle in a hay stack. 

Not saying, especially on Lazada, the product quality has gone down as Lazada has a policy of "competitive price". They simply decide what they consider competitive regardless of the quality. So if someone wants to sell better quality, they will be excluded from boosts, benefits, advert options etc. Hence, cost has to be reduced in order to satisfy the st.pidest ever policy of an online shop. 

We know this as we sell online. If we set a prices competitive, we get more clicks and more exposure. However, some products can only generate loss.  Pathetic indeed.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:10 AM, Mickeymaus said:

Use the Chrome Browser - mobile or PC. Call up Lazada in Thai and don't switch to English!!! In the browser select to translate the whole page to whatever language you want - for instance in the menu of the Android browser you will find translate. Now you also have translated the reviews. Text in pictures will not be translated. You can download the images and use the Google translate app for them. 

@Mickeymaus has the correct strategy and it's very simple to do (at least in Chrome):

Right click with your mouse anywhere on a Lazada page and select "translate" from the list.  It will automatically translate to whatever language you selected in Chrome Preferences for languages. 

Note: Do NOT add Thai to the Google preferences for Languages.  The list is only for languages you want to translate TO, not from.

Don't even bother using Lazada's language button which usually will not translate reviews or even work on all pages.

Edited by WaveHunter

33 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

@Mickeymaus has the correct strategy and it's very simple to do (at least in Chrome):

Right click with your mouse anywhere on a Lazada page and select "translate" from the list.  It will automatically translate to whatever language you selected in Chrome Preferences for languages. 

Note: Do NOT add Thai to the Google preferences for Languages.  The list is only for languages you want to translate TO, not from.

Don't even bother using Lazada's language button which usually will not translate reviews or even work on all pages.

Thanks so much!

31 minutes ago, lyskamm said:

Thanks so much!

Just passing it on; I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy.  Of course Lazada drives me crazy in more ways than this.  Lazada has got to have one of the worst search engines I've ever seen. 

Edited by WaveHunter