20000-25000bt enough for a decent notebook?

mrmicbkktxl

I need a new notebook but not sure what to buy.Ryzen 5 or I5?I3,I5,I7 is there really a big difference?Are 8gb ram enough?Acer or Dell or Hp?

20000-25000bt enough?I watch videos,use Microsoft word a lot,and surf the internet.Do  I need win11 or is win 10 fine?I'm using an Acer Aspire E15 with I5 at the moment,6 years old and it was working fine but slowly things are falling apart.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated 

25 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Some weeks ago I've bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15.6", so far I'm happy with except it has Windows 11 installed. That's a bunch of r....sh, better to buy one with W10.

Oh,what's wrong with Windows 11?I actually also dislike Windows 10,if possible I would still use Windows 7

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Some weeks ago I've bought a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15.6", so far I'm happy with except it has Windows 11 installed. That's a bunch of r....sh, better to buy one with W10.

You are aware that Windows10 will not be supported anymore after October 14 2025.

Edited by jwdub12

here's my specs, on ASUS (25k should do it), and more than most people would need, unless a gamer.  Non integrated graphic card w/2 gb 

Only need the extra specs for editing photos, and makes huge difference over previous laptop.  Don't edit video, aside from trim/split.  WIN10 is fine, and I actually don't want 11.

image.png.60192c224f404178b8fccc8083c3d7a4.png

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I think around 25,000 is the sweet spot. You get a quality, resonable spec machine for that, not the cheap chinese rubbish like Lenovo. I  recently bought an Asus Vivobook for that, with a Ryzen 7, very pleased with it.

Is that a Vivobook 15?

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

You get a quality, resonable spec machine for that, not the cheap chinese rubbish like Lenovo. I  recently bought an Asus Vivobook

lol you've just substituted one cheap chinese rubbish with another cheap chinese rubbish

• Haha 2

You can definitely get something reasonable for 20-25k.

If it has a Ryzen 5 or 7, or an Intel I5 or I7 won't matter too much, I doubt you can notice the difference when doing office stuff.

Things I would pay attention to:

- Make sure the display is IPS, this is much better than a TN panel.

- Laptops in this price range usually come with 8GB ram, make sure that it's possible to upgrade it, if it should become a bottle neck in the future.

- Quality of hinges, keyboard and touchpad. Go into a shop, try open/closing the lid, type on the keyboard and use the touchpad. On some models you can just feel that the quality sucks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I watch videos,use Microsoft word a lot,and surf the internet.

I do the same with my laptop.

Take a look at InvadeIT.

My 5 year old Lenovo has similar specs . is this adequate for you?

Screenshot 2022-12-02 044305.jpg

Edited by Thailand J

On 12/1/2022 at 11:12 AM, Henryford said:

Vivobook 14 Ryzen 7 5800H, 16gb RAM, 2.8K OLED screen, 512gb SSD

I have the same or very, very similar but bought October last year. Price has come down more than 5k since then.

I can certainly reccomend it.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, topt said:

I have the same or very, very similar but bought October last year. Price has come down more than 5k since then.

I can certainly reccomend it.

A friend recently bought one.

Down from 23 000 to 18000 Baht.

He's really happy with it.