Good alternative to Logitech Mouses with horizontal scroll feature ???

WaveHunter

I am now on my third Logitech mouse and am really disappointed! All three developed the same issue which virtually turned them into expensive paperweights, and I need to find a different brand that has the same features I need but will last longer than one year LOL!

Logitech tech supports has done little to help me solve the issue, and after three different mouses have developed the same exact problem, I think I am done with Logitech for good, and want to find a more reliable mouse with the features I need

The features I need are fairly simple:
1) Good laser sensor for precision
2) Wireless
3) Adjustable DP but really only need it between 800 - 1200I 
4)  IMPORTANT:  It must allow precision horizontal scrolling and not where you click the scroll wheel left and right.  Either a separate horizontal scrolling wheel like the MX-Masters, or a way to assign a hotkey  that turns the vertical scroll wheel to horizontal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

I've been using Logitech mice for years now and yes, they do wear out. The average life of a computer mouse is 2 to 3 years apparently, (see here ) I believe that's about the same length as real mice. (the ones with tails)

I've had my current one for 2 years now and I've noticed that the left 'click' beginning to play up a bit. So it's time for a change. At 105 Baht I'm not complaining.

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

I've been using Logitech mice for years now and yes, they do wear out. The average life of a computer mouse is 2 to 3 years apparently, (see here ) I believe that's about the same length as real mice. (the ones with tails)

I've had my current one for 2 years now and I've noticed that the left 'click' beginning to play up a bit. So it's time for a change. At 105 Baht I'm not complaining.

You may be correct but I also have an Apple Magic Mouse that is now over 7 years old.  It was my sole mouse until a few years ago when I switched to LogiTech, and it still works perfectly.

As I mentioned, the mechanical switch for left-clicking seem to work fine.  It's only when I try to drag an object across the screen that it fails. 

To me, that sounds like something having to do with software, not hardware, and I have seen it mentioned online more than once that the software from LogiTech that's needed to configure the mouse is very buggy and has not been updated in several years.

For the kind of work I do, I need a very precise mouse.  If it only cost 105 baht as you mentioned, I wouldn't complain either but the one from LogiTech that I have had fail 3 times now costs over 4,000 Baht, so I'm complaining very loudly LOL!