Advice requested- Sri Racha, Bang Saen or Rayong

Scouse123

Guys,

A bit of a way off but my sister, my niece and my ex wife are coming to Thailand straight after Songkran 2023.

We are going to Cambodia and Vietnam as well but to finish the trip for the last few days we want a beach resort area. These are three ladies, we do not want Pattaya in any form.

Can you guys recommend any beach areas or alternatives nearby. I would like Koh Chang but its too long to get there and back from Bangkok at the end of a trip.

Suggestions really are appreciated.

They have been before many years ago but we are talking women now in late fifties, ( niece is only 21 ) who want a peaceful laid back carry on.

My other half doesn't know as she has not been in that area of Thailand for many years either.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Scouse123

On 12/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, realfunster said:

For "Pattaya" - you could try Jomtien Beach which is more relaxed and lacking the in your face nightlife for the most part.

Thanks but it just doesn't appeal to us.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:03 PM, realfunster said:

Ko Samet (4 hours, ferry involved)

Hua Hin (2.5 hours drive)

Pranburi/Sam Roi Yot Beach (3 hours drive)

I can't really recommend Bang Saen to be honest, I used to go there as an easy beach day-trip from BKK but got bored of the dirty water.

I know, before the water was really dirty. Still good after Covid-19, though. Well worth a visit.

Parts of the eastern side of Koh Samed can get pretty lively at times as I recall, but I can definitely recommend this particular resort on the western side of the island, based on personal experience of staying there albeit dating back several years - which, I think, should be up your ladies' street:

https://aopraoresort.net/

I believe that this resort still operates its own ferry service from Ban Phe. Just beware, though, that, since Koh Samed is a national park, you will all be charged an entrance fee of 200 THB each.

Presumably you and your party plan to head straight back to BKK Airport for their return flights home immediately after your stay. Ao Prao might be able to provide transport at an extra cost - although a bus or minvan from Ban Phe would probably prove cheaper. And possibly the good news from your viewpoint is that you would not need to go anywhere near Bangkok itself (which IMHO is an even more ghastly place than Pattaya!) when travelling to the airport (as, incidentally, you would not if you were coming from Koh Chang).

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...