Pinang Tourist Visas Back To Back

I queried this earlier but, for speculations sake, do you think that for example.. if someone used up all their exempt stamps in Oct, Nov, Dec, then went out and came in on a TV + extension x2 (totaling a 6 months of tv's), then they could come back in on an exempt because it is past the 6 month period?

I tell you what tho', i dont want to be the first one to try.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />I queried this earlier but, for speculations sake, do you think that <i>for example</i>.. if someone used up all their exempt stamps in Oct, Nov, Dec, then went out and came in on a TV + extension x2 (totaling a 6 months of tv's), then they could come back in on an exempt because it is past the 6 month period? <br /><br /><i>I tell you what tho', i dont want to be the first one to try.</i><br />
<br /><br /><br />

This is my understanding, based on (a bad) experience: You would/should have been able to get a 30-day entry stamp after the first 60-day tourist visa + 30-day extension, *_IF_* it had been more than 180 days since the date of the first entry stamp.

I used up my three 30-day stamps in Oct, Nov, and Dec, did a 60-day TV + 30-day extension (covering Jan, Feb, Mar), and then made a border run for another 30-day stamp in Apr. Unfortunately, I miscounted my days and was short of the 180. Immigration generously gave me a 5-day stamp to help me reach the 180-day mark/ I could have gone back after that for another 30-day stamp, but I opted to do a short-notice run to Penang for another TV. Even this month again, I'm opting for the TV in lieu of a 30-day stamp. Those border runs are just too iffy nowadays.