Pet/house sitter or kennels

jak2002003

Can anyone recommend a person / company to look after our dog, cat and small pets at my house when I have to travel abroad for 3 weeks? 

We had a trusted local friend who used to do it, but for family reasons she is not able to now. 

We like someone to sleep at our home while we are away, not just to care for the pets, but for security. 

If I can't find anyone I will have to use kennels, but the one we trusted has closed down.  Can anyone recommend a good one in chiang mai where they don't keep the dog in a cage 24 / 7? 

Just now, Dante99 said:

relatives? close friends of family members? coworkers 

find somebody because you will probable travel in the future too

Yes.  Have no family.  Friends, yes, but they can not stay overnights.  

Good idea though.  

All my other friends who have dogs keep them the Thai way... Ie they have no secure areas to keep dogs from wandering out into the road. 

13 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You up for the task?  Haha.  It will be about Feb time.  

For how long? We might be up for a trip up North. We have animals on our farm well taken care of. And I know cats often search out if nobody home. We always have people staying her 24/7 as well. 

In house pets or outside? 

1 hour ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Have you tried the schools and TEFL websites?

59 minutes ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Do you have a swimming pool and hot young maid?

Something tells me this is not the guy for the job. 

• Haha 1

I feel for your angst.

I am in the reverse position trying to get coverage for both  "pet feeding and abode security" for a four week trip to Thailand & Vietnam. Our current arrangements in my opinion are less than ideal.

Hope you get a few off-forum messages and savvy dedicated entrepreneurs fills the void.  

• Thumbs Up 1

We use Cat Castle for our little dears.  They might accept rabbits, but I serious doubt dogs since they do brisk business in cat grooming, too.  Our two soi cats look a little out-of-place among all their purebred, feline beauty queens, but they treat them just the same.  

They may know of a similar business for dog boarding.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, NancyL said:

We use Cat Castle for our little dears.  They might accept rabbits, but I serious doubt dogs since they do brisk business in cat grooming, too.  Our two soi cats look a little out-of-place among all their purebred, feline beauty queens, but they treat them just the same.  

They may know of a similar business for dog boarding.

Thnak you. I'll send them an e mail.