METV - where could i get a stamp at the end of first entry?

Hi,

I have an Israeli passport with METV visa, I'm currently on my first entry which will end in the last days of December and then I'll extend for 30 days in the local immigration where I'm at (Koh Phangan). but after that I'll need to leave Thailand and come back again to get a stamp for the 2nd entry. I used to be able to do it in Ranong/Myanmar (can't go to Malaysia because of my Israeli passport) but I don't know if this is still a possibility. if not, is there any other border close by I could go to and do it without spending too much money?

Thank you.

• Haha 1

Myanmar land crossings are all officially closed to foreigners. However, there are reports that the crossing from Ranong to the Grand Andaman Resort is partially open. Apparently, it is not possible to get a visa exempt entry on the return, but going with a multiple entry visa might be possible. I suggest you contact the visa run companies in Phuket, not with the intention of using them, but to check the exact situation. KBV Visa Run company (+66 (0) 848 890 606 Mobile, email: [email protected]) are usually reliable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Onerak said:

How about Laos. Cambodia, or Vietnam?  He just need a border run, right? Laos will be easy I think. From Bangkok to Ubon and then cross the bridge and come back. Am I missing something? 

The bridge to Savannakhet is in Mukdahan.

If you just want to do a border hop the crossing to Chong Mek here in Ubon. It is about 90 km from the city.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Onerak said:

How about Laos. Cambodia, or Vietnam?  He just need a border run, right? Laos will be easy I think. From Bangkok to Ubon and then cross the bridge and come back. Am I missing something? 

Did you miss that he is currently in Koh Phangan? To get to any open land border from there (with the exception of Malaysia and Myanmar) is a really long trek.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

Myanmar land crossings are all officially closed to foreigners. However, there are reports that the crossing from Ranong to the Grand Andaman Resort is partially open. Apparently, it is not possible to get a visa exempt entry on the return, but going with a multiple entry visa might be possible. I suggest you contact the visa run companies in Phuket, not with the intention of using them, but to check the exact situation. KBV Visa Run company (+66 (0) 848 890 606 Mobile, email: [email protected]) are usually reliable.

Thank you! i might try that.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The bridge to Savannakhet is in Mukdahan.

If you just want to do a border hop the crossing to Chong Mek here in Ubon. It is about 90 km from the city.

Thank you. if I enter Laos, don't I have to pay for a laos visa? I remember in the past going to udon thani from surat thani to make a single tourist visa in Vientiane border and to enter Laos i had to pay for a Laos visa. is it the same with border you're talking about or not?

Edited by webber4