Border Patrol Policeman Kills Colleague In Khon Kaen

webfact

image.jpeg

The scene of a Border Patrol policeman killing his colleague this morning. Photos: Sanook.com

by TNR Staff

A BORDER PATROL policeman who shot dead a colleague at the Khon Kaen headquarters this morning (Dec. 5) was shot in the thigh and taken to the hospital after refusing to surrender, Sanook.com said.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Noppakao Somanat, commander of Khon Kaen provincial police who led a team of policeman to the scene of the killing, said Pol. Sgt. Maj. Chuchart Pluakkhiao, 49, who is attached to Border Patrol Police Bureau Region 2, had used a 9mm pistol to fire five shots at Pol. Sgt. Maj. Pichit Saenkan, 44, who is also attached to the same at unit, at the guardhouse killing him on the spot.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/12/05/border-patrol-policeman-kills-colleague-in-khon-kaen/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-12-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A BORDER PATROL policeman who shot dead a colleague at the Khon Kaen headquarters this morning (Dec. 5) was shot in the thigh and taken to the hospital after refusing to surrender, Sanook.com said.

Sounds like somebody need a couple of days at the shooting range. Missing a headshot and hitting the thigh is not a good sign.

7 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Sounds like somebody need a couple of days at the shooting range. Missing a headshot and hitting the thigh is not a good sign.

I carried a firearm for over 30 years and a headshot is one of the most difficult targets to hit.  Especially if the target is moving.  Center mass(the torso) is a better target because it is the largest body area.  Also, under stress even soldiers and police officers tend to shoot high, low or even wild.  

10 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I carried a firearm for over 30 years and a headshot is one of the most difficult targets to hit.  Especially if the target is moving.  Center mass(the torso) is a better target because it is the largest body area.  Also, under stress even soldiers and police officers tend to shoot high, low or even wild.  

As I said. Time for the practice range. Pretty sure you can sign up too. Just a question by the side. You said you carried a firearm for over 30 years. When did it start to get heavy? ????

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

As I said. Time for the practice range. Pretty sure you can sign up too. Just a question by the side. You said you carried a firearm for over 30 years. When did it start to get heavy? ????

Day 2.  No more range time.  I sold my firearms and no longer have a need to shoot holes at paper targets.

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

Why do we have Border Patrol Police in Khon Kaen?  As far as I am aware, Khon Kaen province does not border any other country.

That is so but Khon Kaen is the North East Regional HQ for the Border Patrol Police  with district offices in provinces that border the Mekong with Laos. For reference: (Google)

The Border Patrol Police, as the name of the force suggests, are meant to operate in border areas. Indeed, except for a few hundred administrative staff at the Border Patrol Police General Headquarters on Phaya Thai Road in Bangkok, most active BPP forces are in the provinces.Nov 23, 2020

• Like 1