Where to find Beer Lao IPA in Mukdahan or Kalasin

Bangkok Barry

In my opinion, Beer Lao IPA is the nearest taste to a UK IPA but it's hard to find. A 7-11 near me sold it for a short time but does so no longer. I bought some at the Savannakhet border recently but was limited to bringing in only six small bottles.

So, does anyone know where I might find it in Mukdahan? Quite often, things from across the river can be bought there when it's difficult to find elsewhere (Lao coffee is an example, but available online whereas in Thailand beer is not). If not in Mukdahan, maybe Kalasin which is closer to me.

• Love It 2

Mukdahan: Lots of Lao coffee at the Indo China market but never seen any beer. 

Market maybe tightly controlled, but never seen stuff that you really have to look hard for like in Klong Toey market Bangkok. You used to be able to see some slugs or a spring that indicated they sold slug guns and upgrades, but not seen the springs in a while.

You can buy cans at Makro but not cartons of Lao beer. So to buy a carton of Lao Beer would be more expensive.

Try one of the other forums along the Mekong river.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

You can buy cans at Makro but not cartons of Lao beer. So to buy a carton of Lao Beer would be more expensive.

Thanks. But depends on the branch. My local one in Kalasin sells no alcohol at all as it's about 200 metres from a uni. Ironically, the 7-11 directly opposite the uni does sell alcohol. Someone I know has offered to supply me from Pattaya Makro if I can't find any myself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

I just googled it and found it. I have asked on this website's chat facility for a quote for delivery to Thailand:

https://www.shopping-d.com/products/beerlao-ipa-carton-330ml-bottle-per-box-of-24-bottles

I'll be very interested in what they have to say. But can we find out what tax is slammed on it as a punishment for not being Thai?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm guessing they ignored your message ☹️

No, they replied quickly and politely in their live chat facility that they would get a quote for delivery. But no reply as yet suggests that it may not be possible. I will post if I get a reply.

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 7:44 AM, SunsetT said:

No, they replied quickly and politely in their live chat facility that they would get a quote for delivery. But no reply as yet suggests that it may not be possible. I will post if I get a reply.

Bad news Im afraid. They emailed to say that they cannot find a company to deliver to my location in Thailand. But you could try them with your location as I am off the beaten track, so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...