Day 7 of immigration crackdown on foreigners: Lady selling "gai yang" taken off the streets

webfact

The police lacked time to call the reporters and show the horrible crime of cooking chickens for sale and the poor girl did not have time to take off her apron for the photo.

4 medals to these guys

Edited by Tarteso
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Hundreds of thousand if not more of foreign workers from neighboring countries are all around us working in many industries freelance or otherwise and non pays any taxes or duties ride bikes and drive cars with fake credentials, the thing is that Thailand need those workers as many Thais will not do 'dirty work' for little money anymore...

Actually, before COVID, there were about 4.5 million immigrant workers in Thailand. Now, far less. But where is the evidence to back up your astounding claim that "non (sic) pays any taxes or duties ride bikes and drive cars with fake credentials"? The opening paragraph of the linked pdf file states:

"Over the last two decades, Thailand has become a key destination for migrant workers from neighbouring countries  and increasingly from further afield across ASEAN. As of August 2022, there were 2,167,937 registered migrant  workers in Thailand (Ministry of Labour, 2022). Women and men migrant workers make a substantial contribution  to Thailand's economic performance. According to a study by the ILO and OECD, migrants were responsible for  4.3 - 6.6 per cent of Thailand's GDP in 2010, while representing 4.7 per cent of the employed population  (ILO/OECD, 2017). These migrants are predominately employed in low-paid jobs, including fishing, agriculture,  construction, manufacturing, domestic work, and other services. Thailand is also a country of origin for migrant  workers. As of February 2022, 156,818 Thai nationals were based outside Thailand to work abroad (Department of Employment, 2022)."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---asia/---ro-bangkok/documents/genericdocument/wcms_735108.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj7pKKR3en7AhUu6nMBHR1pASYQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0KIocFzSPVbEenIcike4gA

True.. one can argue about the real-world impact the arrest (and what i’ll guess will be the ultimate deportation) in this case and the value in using X limited police assets to apprehend and process her…  … but…. it’s also fair to note that (based only on what’s written here) there was in fact a violation of law.. and as such, the RTP would be wholly within the rights to take action… again, is there bigger “fish” to go after in terms of crime?  of course.. but IMHO, that alone doesn’t then say that lower crimes - regardless of what they are - then somehow get a pass until such time as higher crimes are addressed.. 

• Like 1

Keep Thailand safe from all those most dangerous alien fried chicken sellers; likewise lock up the dirty farang for overstaying 16 days ...... while you're at it. Punish them, drain all their belongings and kick 'em out of the Land of the semi-divine. 

Once you're done with the perfect clean-up job in the Land, take binoculars and look for the sweetheart of a grandson of Mr Red Bull. Ah, and you can call Associated Press in case you need directions; they found him on first attempt in London. 

I feel so much safer in the Land of Equality where some are more equal than others ???? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Keep Thailand safe from all those most dangerous alien fried chicken sellers; likewise lock up the dirty farang for overstaying 16 days ...... while you're at it. Punish them, drain all their belongings and kick 'em out of the Land of the semi-divine. 

Once you're done with the perfect clean-up job in the Land, take binoculars and look for the sweetheart of a grandson of Mr Red Bull. Ah, and you can call Associated Press in case you need directions; they found him on first attempt in London. 

I feel so much safer in the Land of Equality where some are more equal than others ???? 

Cambodians aren't farang.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bradiston said:

4.3 - 6.6 per cent of Thailand's GDP in 2010, while representing 4.7 per cent of the employed population  (ILO/OECD, 2017). These migrants are predominately employed in low-paid jobs, including fishing, agriculture,  construction, manufacturing, domestic work, and other services. Thailand is also a country of origin for migrant  workers. As of February 2022, 156,818 Thai nationals were based outside Thailand to work abroad (Department of Employment, 2022)."

I don't have any issue about economic migrants from a poorer country to a richer country and they always contribute to  the GDP, specially in Thailand where there is no government assistance. I have problem and I will definitely report if somebody from a wealthy country is trying to earn a living in a poorer country without a WP.

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration had received word that a foreign woman was selling the "gai yang" on Suksomboon Road in Prachuap sub-district.

It turned out to be Cambodian Mrs Vandy Chorn who was on a 615 day overstay and had no work permit.

Heinous crime.. 

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 10:25 PM, Onerak said:

I don't have any issue about economic migrants from a poorer country to a richer country and they always contribute to  the GDP, specially in Thailand where there is no government assistance. I have problem and I will definitely report if somebody from a wealthy country is trying to earn a living in a poorer country without a WP.

GRASS

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2022 at 8:03 AM, Sydebolle said:

soooooo true

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They should rather be doing more to chase and attract the quality retirees from well off European Countries, in place of chasing the harmless immigrant workers who sell cheap food to all including the friendly efficient honest decent local police station ????

On 12/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, ezzra said:

many Thais will not do 'dirty work' for little money

With this job stealing Cambodian finally off the streets, all these lazy young people lying about my village, having dropped out of school, playing on phones, riding motorbikes back and forth, wandering around all night popping yaba, surely now they'll be lining up to fill this lucrative gai yang vacancy.

No, no they won't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

not really true, farang refers to Caucasians, 

I had to do a Google search to satisfy my curiosity and came up with this.

Something I never knew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang

Farang (Persian: فرنگ) is a Persian (and Southeast Asian) word that originally referred to the Franks (the major Germanic tribe) and later came to refer to White Europeans in general. The word "Farang" is a cognate and originates from Old French: "franc".

The term Frangistan (Persian: فرنگستان) was used by Thai and Muslims and was also used frequently by Persians. Muslim traders referred to all European traders as Farang and it entered much of the languages of South Asia and Southeast Asia as a term.

• Thumbs Up 1