Flying From Bangkok to Phuket

clovisetfanosa

Except its not this month. :o

one two go are doing a special offer - 600B plus tax each way.

Now, how do you get from the airport to the beaches without getting a taxi?

you can always walk

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to give Air Asia a try and regret it. I booked 2 flights over the internet, when I recieved my confirmation I noticed my flight was booked for the wrong day. I'm not sure if I made a mistake when I booked or if the mistake was on their end. Regardless I had to change it to the next day. When I called I was told there was no flights available for the same price even though I had their website open and right on it was a listing for the flight at the lower cost I originally paid. I tried to explain this but that is then I got the standard "gee I dont understand what you are saying". The tickets are non refundable so in the end I had to pay an additional 500 baht admin fee, the difference for the tickets which just happened to be way more expensive, AND there was another admin fee. In the end I almost paid double for the 2 tickets. I tried complaining but was forwarded to another person, then he once again lost his ability to understand english when he didnt have an awnser for me. Then I tried complaining via e-mail and received a partial explanation. Finally gave up and just took the hit, chalking it up to a learning experience. As for the flight, no snacks, no drinks, no nothing. Plane was very old and I know a girl who has a pilot boyfriend that turned down a job with Airasia because he felt the planes were to old and unsafe. Go Thai Airways, in the end it wont cost you any more, and you'll save yourself a lot of grief and stress.

Camster

and you could always shut up if you have no useful information. :o

I could or you could read previous posts. This question has been aswered several times. The cheapest way is by minubus!

Orient Thai are operating the cheapest flights this month, so I hear, although its a bastard to get a seat.

I've never tried Air Asia and I have to admit I never want to, unless its a choice between them and a minibus - am I right in thinking that to qualify for the cheapy deals you have to book 30 days before flying and there's no options to change flights?

For the extra baht it costs I'm still TG'ing, upgrade to business class for 900 baht? a bargin!

Orient Thai are operating the cheapest flights this month, so I hear, although its a bastard to get a seat.

I've never tried Air Asia and I have to admit I never want to, unless its a choice between them and a minibus - am I right in thinking that to qualify for the cheapy deals you have to book 30 days before flying and there's no options to change flights?

For the extra baht it costs I'm still TG'ing, upgrade to business class for 900 baht? a bargin!

I'll stick with TG, also for safety reasons, as an ex airline pilot I'm a bit careful who I'll fly with, and I find Thai with a very safety record.

Hi everyone,

I am the one who asked first about cheap airflights from Bangkok to Phuket.

I followed the tip of "the ladyinred" who said "Of course, anyone knows AirAsia"

I didn't because I live in France.

Anyway, I booked a return ticket with Airasia from France on their website, paid with credit card.

The flight was on time.and smooth, the plane didn't look so old.

Of course, there were no free snacks, or drinks during the flight but we're used to this in Europe with low-cost companies as Ryanair or Easyjet.

So I have nothing to complain about Airasia.

Only one detail, check the weight of your luggage carefully before packing as they wil do it at the counter and I saw other tourists who had to pay for excess luggage because the weight is limited to 15kg I think.

I had 22, put 7 in my backpack and took them with me on the plane. No extra fees