Thailand road carnage: Woman in miracle escape as her car concertinaed in 5 vehicle collision

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Miracle escape

Daily News reported on a five vehicle collision after bad braking by an earth carrying truck.

It featured what they said was a "miracle escape" for a woman who had her car crushed front and back.

It happened in the area of Wat Singh in Sam Khok district of Pathum Thani, central Thailand. 

The 43 year old woman named as Khwanruthai was in the first car hit in the pile-up, a Toyota Vios.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

She said that she wasn't wearing an amulet- there were plenty in the car already!

She suffered only a minor leg injury and was simply able to walk out.

The trucker responsible, Chalerm, 52, said he had been carrying earth to Khukhot and was returning to Sena in Ayutthaya.

He hit the other vehicles at the red light after his brakes failed to stop him.

The Sam Khok police are investigating. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just a game of Thai road snooker , "at the red light after his brakes failed to stop him" NO 

he either did not put his foot down in time ,or he was daydreaming ,either way totally his

fault , lucky no one killed or seriously hurt , 

regards Worgeordie

5 hours ago, it is what it is said:

earth carrying truck, bet that had some momentum. i'd hazard a guess that the lack of serious injury is a testament to the safety design of cars today, rather an amulets... but what do i know...?

Now come on, have you no faith in amulets and how much they save lives? Can you imagine what the road death toll would be without them?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He hit the other vehicles at the red light after his brakes failed to stop him.

Simply irresistible excuse isn't it .Isn't it about time that they own up to their incompetence. But saying that ,one can't lose face .

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Just a game of Thai road snooker , "at the red light after his brakes failed to stop him" NO 

he either did not put his foot down in time ,or he was daydreaming ,either way totally his

regards Worgeordie

When I see the decorations on his truck, I already know enough.

10 hours ago, it is what it is said:

earth carrying truck, bet that had some momentum. i'd hazard a guess that the lack of serious injury is a testament to the safety design of cars today, rather an amulets... but what do i know...?

The crush zones did exactly what they were meant to do - altho' I wouldnt have wanted to be in the back seat. But with that scale of hit it is amazing. Front doors hardly buckled.

Wonder what would have happened if that was an EV ? Probably still be trying to put out the fire.

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Lucky no-one was in the back seat of that car... 

On 12/9/2022 at 10:53 AM, it is what it is said:

No, of course not! It's a miracle! A Buddhist amulet! 

Nothing to do with engineering that kept that car intact around the bodies of the people sitting in it. Just a miracle because the Buddha decided he'd intervene in this one situation, whereas he's often busy when others die. Or I guess she quickly looked up her Karma score and realized she had enough points to make it through this one. Just absurdity piled upon absurdity.

So glad I didn't follow my father into the healthcare field. Having these idiots stand around a patient's bed praising Jeebus for saving their loved one after I pulled a 24-hour shift to keep them alive would <deleted> me off to the point of crucifixion of the celebrants.