800K to 65K

With applying for a non-o, must the 800K be deposited immediately or can monthly 65K deposits work?  What would the minimum amount of deposits be for application?   Is there a way to transition from 800K to 65K deposits?

And what would be best entry visa be to start the process?

Unless your home country embassy still issues a proof of income document you will need proof of 12 months of transfers greater or equal to 65k baht.

If applying for a non-o visa at immigration you would not be able to use the transfer option. They only accept proof of yout income from a embassy. The 800k baht would have to be in the bank on day you apply for the visa,

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the non-o visa allows you could apply for the one year extension of stay based based  upon retirement. They 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day your apply.

• Like 1

Just went through this, you can come in visa exempt, get a 45 day stamp, you will have to have at least 15 days left on your stamp when you apply for an O visa, you have to have 800,000 in the bank on the day you apply, has to show that it came from an international transfer, if you don't already have a Thai bank account you will have problems setting one up coming in visa exempt, in that case you would be better off applying for a visa at a Thai Embassy, if you have a Thai bank account no problems then, just transfer 800,000 baht into it, for your first extension of stay if you wanted to use the 65,000 a month you would have to have a bank statement with 12 transfers of 65,000 or more

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Just went through this, you can come in visa exempt, get a 45 day stamp, you will have to have at least 15 days left on your stamp when you apply for an O visa, you have to have 800,000 in the bank on the day you apply, has to show that it came from an international transfer, if you don't already have a Thai bank account you will have problems setting one up coming in visa exempt, in that case you would be better off applying for a visa at a Thai Embassy, if you have a Thai bank account no problems then, just transfer 800,000 baht into it, for your first extension of stay if you wanted to use the 65,000 a month you would have to have a bank statement with 12 transfers of 65,000 or more

So it looks like I would have to put the 800K in first, immediately start adding 65K deposits in my existing Bangkok Bank account.  At the end of 12 months, I could then withdraw the 800K and show immigration my deposit proof?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

So it looks like I would have to put the 800K in first, immediately start adding 65K deposits in my existing Bangkok Bank account.  At the end of 12 months, I could then withdraw the 800K and show immigratiextenexon my deposit proof?

I would wait until you have done your first extension then you could start spending the 800,000

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, flexomike said:

I would wait until you have done your first extension then you could start spending the 800,000

Your visa if applied for in Thailand would be an O for which you will get a 90 day stamp, in the last 30 days you would apply for a one year extension which you would still have to use the 800,000 because you will not have 12 months of deposits, after your second extension you can do whatever you want with the 800,000

• Thanks 1

The OP should bear in mind he needs a safety margin in any deposits due to exchange rate fluctuations. Just one that is under the 65K is enough for Immigration to refuse the next extension.

I tried the income method, reverted to 800K because the 65K was just too much trouble.

10 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Your visa if applied for in Thailand would be an O for which you will get a 90 day stamp, in the last 30 days you would apply for a one year extension which you would still have to use the 800,000 because you will not have 12 months of deposits, after your second extension you can do whatever you want with the 800,000

After you get your first extension you can take 400,000 out, do not let it get below 400,000 then two months before your second extension it must be back to 800,000, most people don't touch the 800,000to avoid any problems 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Applying for non O retirement using money in the bank requires 800k on day of application.

If using income method without income letter from embassy you would need to show 12 month of 65k transfers

If I am not mistaken you cannot use the monthly for application for an I Visa, only for extension of

I got a little lost there.  just how many months would it be before I could spend the 800K assuming that I start the 65K deposits immediately upon arrival?

I get the 90 day then extend for a year, so is that going to be 15 months as I will have already made more than 12 months of 65K deposits?

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

So it looks like I would have to put the 800K in first, immediately start adding 65K deposits in my existing Bangkok Bank account.  At the end of 12 months, I could then withdraw the 800K and show immigration my deposit proof?

the 800,000 has to be in your bank 2 months prior to the application, and 3 months after the extension is issued, it can then drop to 400,000thb for the remainder of the extension period. if in the 2nd year you want to change to monthly money income, you would have to leave the money in the bank until the new extension 2nd year is issued. this is to satisfy the requirements for the 1st year extension

11 hours ago, steve187 said:

the 800,000 has to be in your bank 2 months prior to the application, and 3 months after the extension is issued, it can then drop to 400,000thb for the remainder of the extension period. if in the 2nd year you want to change to monthly money income, you would have to leave the money in the bank until the new extension 2nd year is issued. this is to satisfy the requirements for the 1st year extension

If applying for Non O visa it only has to be in on the day of application, 

12 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I got a little lost there.  just how many months would it be before I could spend the 800K assuming that I start the 65K deposits immediately upon arrival?

I get the 90 day then extend for a year, so is that going to be 15 months as I will have already made more than 12 months of 65K deposits?

If you have twelve months of deposits in before your first extension you would be able to use that for income, but you should not touch the 800,000 until you have actually gotten your extension

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flexomike said:

Let's say you apply for the 90 day extension in January. You transfer 800K before going to IM in Jan.

In Feb and Mar. . deposit 65K+ In Mar. go extend to 1 year, with the 800K still in the bank. Never going below.

Once you have the 1 year extension, you keep transferring 65K+ every month..12 times before going to extend in 2024...After you have the extension to 1 year, you can do whatever you want with the 800K. Not confusing at all...ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The OP should bear in mind he needs a safety margin in any deposits due to exchange rate fluctuations. Just one that is under the 65K is enough for Immigration to refuse the next extension.

I tried the income method, reverted to 800K because the 65K was just too much trouble.

It is good that the regulation on financial standing reads "or" for those of us looking to change for an "O-A Visa" to an "O Visa". While most will need the 800K baht for an "O" for reason of retirement. My years of "O-A" extensions showing the monthly transfers from abroad should be accepted (includes this past years monthly deposits). My US Social Security is deposited automatically into my US bank, then I transfer $2200.00 USD via Wise at the end of the first week of the month. Arrives in my Bankok Bank account as FTT deposit. If you use Wise, make sure the reason stated on the Wise transfer says it is for supporting long stay in Thailand.

4 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

While most will need the 800K baht for an "O" for reason of retirement. My years of "O-A" extensions showing the monthly transfers from abroad should be accepted

There are many folk using income method from a non O based on retirement. 

Including those from countries embassies that do not provide income letter. 

• Thumbs Up 1