Patong, Pizza restaurant

luckyblock token

16 hours ago, schlog said:

Da Moreno in Nanai Soi.

I knew that would be the first answer!

I used to love the "Universale" at that place when I first came to Patong but about three years ago I started to find it very disappointing - I gave it another two chances and then gave up. It does seem to be very popular though - always packed mid-evening.

3 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I knew that would be the first answer!

I used to love the "Universale" at that place when I first came to Patong but about three years ago I started to find it very disappointing - I gave it another two chances and then gave up. It does seem to be very popular though - always packed mid-evening.

In my opinion it's still one of the best pizza places around, and they are that good that it is easy to get hooked on them – – my waistline knows this only too well!

And yes as LL says, it is very busy early to mid-evening, and the other evening when I was waiting to pick up a takeaway (pizza that is) there was a guy standing outside of the place, waiting for a spare table to come available!

Italian place on Soi Banzann (near jct with Nanai rd) facing Canada bar, Italian chef, Italian family owned and run. A Belgium friend (retired Chef) put me onto it few months back, he lives in Patong and reckons one of best Italian places on the island, real Italian Pizza's and Italian Food 

3 hours ago, Lokie said:

Italian place on Soi Banzann (near jct with Nanai rd) facing Canada bar, Italian chef, Italian family owned and run. A Belgium friend (retired Chef) put me onto it few months back, he lives in Patong and reckons one of best Italian places on the island, real Italian Pizza's and Italian Food 

I assume you mean Bucintoro Restaurant Pizza - good reviews on Google.

Well, I went to Da Moreno last night and had a Universale pizza. It was okay but the base was a bit thicker/soggier than I like. Quite frankly, I prefer the offerings at my local bar, Kamala Beergarden.

Having said that, Da Moreno is evidently a gold mine - always busy and customers and Grab drivers in a constant stream at 10:30pm for takeaways, and I'm not Italian so what do I know!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Agusts said:

learned it from an Italian... !

You don't need to be Italian to make a great pizza - the world has opened up in the last fifty years, and we now have the internet and YouTube. However, a problem that I find is that a lot of places dumb it down to appeal to a wider audience, e.g. not to much garlic, not too much oregano, not too much olive oil.

Best pizza I've ever eaten? Warsaw!