Chiang Mai: 90 day report rejected, they want an updated TM30

At some point last year I filed a TM30 for my condo in Chiang Mai.

I have also done my 90 day reports for this address since then.

Now I did another one (online), same address as the previous ones, but it was rejected because according to the TM30 system I'm in a hotel in Nakhon nowhere.

I checked my emails, I stayed in this hotel in February far a night (and in various other hotels all over the country since then...). Since then I have done two successful 90 day reports, and now the last one was rejected.

Did the IO not get the memo that it's no longer required to submit a TM30, or is CM immigration making their own rules and want people to submit a new TM30 every time?

• Thumbs Up 2

Last month I was at CM Immigration main office, for a multiple re entry visa to go with my new extension. I thought I had everything they wanted, TM-8 plus copies of Face page & current visa.
BUT Wrong Again.
I was sent around back to the copy shop, to get a copy of my TM-30, before I could get a que number for my reentry.   

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

CM never ceases to amaze.

No excrement. 

20 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Last month I was at CM Immigration main office, for a multiple re entry visa to go with my new extension. I thought I had everything they wanted, TM-8 plus copies of Face page & current visa.
BUT Wrong Again.
I was sent around back to the copy shop, to get a copy of my TM-30, before I could get a que number for my reentry.   

No excrement. 

I’ve done business at the cm office many times, being prepared & never had any complaints. The issues are customer occurrence/discomfort from what I’ve seen at that office.

Edited by novacova

CM Immigration is by far so easy.  I lived in BKK for a bit and CW was a major mess everytime I had to go there.

I got turned around a month ago for no copy of TM 30 when getting a re-entry visa too.  No big deal ... walk out back make copy and come back to front of the line.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, novacova said:

I’ve done business at the cm office many times, being prepared & never had any complaints. The issues are customer occurrence/discomfort from what I’ve seen at that office.

I have always been prepared, and have complaints.

Two years back I was told I needed to have my 800k in account three months before renewal. It is & was 2 months if doing an extension, but I did not have a print out of the rules and regulations, so sent packing by the women in charge of que numbers. I politely tried to argue my case but ------ .    Besides filling out NEW forms I had to get new banking letters again. 300B Baht or more but hey who is counting. Now of course I bring a copy of Thai laws regarding extensions with renewal documents, just in case an unfortunate misunderstanding occurs. 

I would not care about the TM 30 being required, if they had the courtesy to tell us in advance. Yes I looked online  when I got back home, nada. Just something new they want but unfortunately another misunderstanding and we the public, have not been informed they want it.

20 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I have always been prepared, and have complaints.

Two years back I was told I needed to have my 800k in account three months before renewal. It is & was 2 months if doing an extension, but I did not have a print out of the rules and regulations, so sent packing by the women in charge of que numbers. I politely tried to argue my case but ------ .    Besides filling out NEW forms I had to get new banking letters again. 300B Baht or more but hey who is counting. Now of course I bring a copy of Thai laws regarding extensions with renewal documents, just in case an unfortunate misunderstanding occurs. 

I would not care about the TM 30 being required, if they had the courtesy to tell us in advance. Yes I looked online  when I got back home, nada. Just something new they want but unfortunately another misunderstanding and we the public, have not been informed they want it.

Small inconveniences not worth complaining about.

I was married to a foreign national in the US, dealing with immigration in any office in the US is a major PITA concerning any immigration issues. In contrast, CM is a total breeze, any inconvenience and discomfort is on the customer in my opinion. Just be prepared…

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Landlord had to refile TM 30 this year after 9 years of us living in his house! Came to light when trying to do 90 days online which had worked in the past.

No money involved for immigration unless considered overdue so just another minor inconvenience to deal with.

12 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

The subject is Chiang Mai Immigration. Please keep on topic. 

18 minutes ago, novacova said:

Small inconveniences not worth complaining about.

I was married to a foreign national in the US, dealing with immigration in any office in the US is a major PITA concerning any immigration issues. In contrast, CM is a total breeze, any inconvenience and discomfort is on the customer in my opinion. Just be prepared…

You failed to read my entire post, it might be indicative of the issues you’re having with cm immigration.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Last month I was at CM Immigration main office, for a multiple re entry visa to go with my new extension. I thought I had everything they wanted, TM-8 plus copies of Face page & current visa.....I was sent around back to the copy shop, to get a copy of my TM-30, before I could get a que number for my reentry.   

I got a ME re-entry permit there week before last and, besides the usual documents, had to provide two new documents: A copy of the TM30 Receipt of Notification AND a copy of the latest TM47 Receipt of Notification.

I have no beef with CM Immigration, they do a fairly efficient job and I only need to generally go there once a year.  But wise to take the kitchen sink with you as on occasion you'll be asked for a copy of something never requested before.  No big deal.

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 2