19 raids on Chinese “grey” businesses in Chiang Mai on Friday

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

are suspected of being linked to Chinese “grey” businesses and of being involved in facilitating the issuance of visas and work permits for Chinese citizens.

Well organized , it seems ...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

to recruit Chinese nationals to work as volunteers for the foundations and facilitating the issuance of legal documents for them.

I doubt that the chinese nationals , once recruited and already in Thailand , will work for the " foundations " .

I guess this was set up to enable Chinese to buy expensive Thai visas , or worse ...

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The coordinated raids were based on information provided by Chuwit Kamolvisit, a former MP and former massage parlour tycoon, who has been crusading against what he alleges are Chinese “grey” business activities in the country

Chuwit has blown the lid off a can of worms which has been benefiting RTP and local officials for a very long time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, clokwise said:

Good, can they also shut down the Chinese gambling den setup in a rental house in my moobaan? Non stop traffic from cars coming and going to the place day and night. Some of the people we see going in there look really shady. Neighbors have been quietly gossiping about it for months. There is an active police captain and a retired police captain living within a hundred meters of the home, yet they have zero interest. No one wants to report them because you never know how that can backfire on you. I wish there was a way to safely and anonymously report these things - and get action.

I suspect you are a concerned citizen.......????