Swedish man falls from second floor of hotel in Patong, survives with injuries

webfact

9 hours ago, Northstar1 said:

If your going to jump, may as well do it right and try a higher floor, then you can join the pattaya high flyers club 

Your shallowness and insensitivity are deplorable. Doesn’t matter if you’re “joking”. There are quite a few of us who were raised to not take pleasure at or ridicule the bad fortune of others. Fortunately such people outnumber those cruel  few. What makes you so sure he jumped? You’re psychic? 

6 hours ago, superal said:

I find that Thai hotel balconies scary because of the low balustrade . I ask for a ground floor room if possible if not I will lock the balcony door and place a chair in front of the doors to discourage me from using the balcony when I have had a few beers .

Wear a crash helmet whenever going out.

58 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Your shallowness and insensitivity are deplorable. Doesn’t matter if you’re “joking”. There are quite a few of us who were raised to not take pleasure at or ridicule the bad fortune of others. Fortunately such people outnumber those cruel  few.

It's just the harsh Darwinian wasteland of the forum. You sure about "outnumber?"

There's a good reason that news items relating clear cases of suicide are closed to comments. 

1.100 mm minimum balustrade/rail height ... pass it on.

Glad the fella didn't die.

If you have or live in a place that has less than 1.100 mm low balustrades/railings its easy and cheap to put them right (even a temporary fix if you rent) and can be removed easy as pie when you leave.

Well hopefully this tourist learned a lesson since he survived

I have seen many drunk tourists on their balconies and am not a bit surprised when I read of 

this kind of story. Stay off the balcony  if you have had some drinks.

I also hope this guy passes the word around when he gets back to his home country.

seems there is no shortage of " I wanted to be on this site " , obviously most of these guys missed out on their career as stand up comedians but alas they keep on trying in hope of gaining a laugh or more to make them feel content within themselves. Someone falls off a balcony and yet they still thrive desperately to get the odd laugh or so , all i can say is hopefully the next story i read is that one of you had an accident and wait for it , wait for it , okay  HAHAHA you  did not survive , now that would be bloody funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/14/2022 at 10:52 AM, Old Croc said:

Do they have tourist hotels in Utah without railings on the balcony?

Do you think they would be able to trade like that?

From google:

swede.JPG.4201661c7afc94ffd3aadd494c8b0b87.JPG

image.png.db7d489746238c64fc29abd82f0d972d.png

Maybe he sat/leaned on the railing and it gave away - not a qualifier for the Pattaya Flying parade - this looks like poor maintenance to me

6 hours ago, jabis said:

image.png.db7d489746238c64fc29abd82f0d972d.png

Maybe he sat/leaned on the railing and it gave away - not a qualifier for the Pattaya Flying parade - this looks like poor maintenance to me

A more astute observer would be able to work out that from the position the photo was taken the balcony railing is obscured.  The carport, or whatever the tin roof structure is, only allows a view of the upper part of the room and it's door. 

On 12/17/2022 at 4:23 AM, Old Croc said:

A more astute observer would be able to work out that from the position the photo was taken the balcony railing is obscured. 

This forum is not known for "astute observers" - just read any thread, particularly concerning a road accident, for the evidence.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Haha 1