Makro Khon Kaen Craft Beer

rober507

I would be surprise, as not nearly enough foreigners, or Thai beer enthusiast there for that.  Be a lot of stale beer after 6 months.

I've only seen a decent selection in Hua Hin, and suspect a lot of that has expired on the self.  Actually impressive amount at the Gourmet Market @ Bluport ... if ever in the area and want to sample more than a few.

Our local Makro added a bunch of craft beers, but suspect they'll disappear with the expiration dates.  I can't see locals spending 100+ baht for small beers.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I would be surprise, as not nearly enough foreigners, or Thai beer enthusiast there for that.  Be a lot of stale beer after 6 months.

I've only seen a decent selection in Hua Hin, and suspect a lot of that has expired on the self.  Actually impressive amount at the Gourmet Market @ Bluport ... if ever in the area and want to sample more than a few.

Our local Makro added a bunch of craft beers, but suspect they'll disappear with the expiration dates.  I can't see locals spending 100+ baht for small beers.

Thanks. I've seen a good selection in other Makros so thought KK might have a decent stock 

16 hours ago, rober507 said:

Does anyone know if Makro Khon Kaen sell craft beer

To my knowledge "no" but that was pre-pandemic. Living near Chum Phae, I regularly shopped in MAKRO (Khon Kaen) and never saw craft beers on sale. Even Beer Laos (light and dark) wasn't a regular stock item. I seem to remember BIG C down the road stocked some interesting bottled beers and opposite the main Bangkok Bank there was an off-licence (beer and spirits shop) that also stocked interesting bottled beers. As another poster suggested, pop in and have a look. Good luck to you.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, rober507 said:

Thanks. I've seen a good selection in other Makros so thought KK might have a decent stock 

Never hurts to peek, as I was surprised ours stocked as much as it did, since not really a tourist town or very populated.

Maybe Makro is doing a tester this year at all branches.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

The shelf life of craft beers is much shorter too, at least it is in the UK.

• Like 1

I didnt notice any in Macro, but I always go before they allow sales.

The bakery supplies / drinks wholesaler "Keng" on Lao Na Dii Road has a few bottles in their fridge - At the very least, a selection from Phuket brewery and another one company.

Edited by recom273