No TM30 registered.

We have rented various houses for periods upto 4 months for several consecutive years. We have never registered a TM30 at IM essentially because all the landlords were farangs with Thai wife and living in their native countries. I’m assuming this arrangement will continue. What are the potential consequences of this?

Up to immigration officer i quess..

I was given warning and told that next time i will be fined when applying extension without TM 30

But i was the owner of my own condo and this TM 30 is owners duty to do. If tenant get fined for this it sounds wrong to me..

Edited by thaitero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, retayl said:

We have rented various houses for periods upto 4 months for several consecutive years

What visa are using for your stays?

Unless you need to have interaction with immigration you would not require a TM30. 

Sounds that you are also not doing 90 day reports.

Is your 4 month stays continuous in Thailand. 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What visa are using for your stays?

Unless you need to have interaction with immigration you would not require a TM30. 

Sounds that you are also not doing 90 day reports.

Is your 4 month stays continuous in Thailand. 

Staying for 90 days on a non O imm. so no interaction with Immigration anticipated. Previous 4 month stays have been with non O + border hop.

A TM 30 is required to notify immigration where a  foreigner is staying.  The owners or the foreigner themselves are required to do this. That is the law.  Unfortunately some owners can’t be bothered.
The TM 47 is used for the 90 day reporting requirement.  Which is different. 

TM47 (Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer than 90 days) Foreigners who are on an extension-of-stay such as working visa, marriage visa or retirement visa are required to notify the Immigration Office regarding their current residential address every 90 days.

The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.Jul 10, 2563 BE

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

A TM 30 is required to notify immigration where a  foreigner is staying.  The owners or the foreigner themselves are required to do this. That is the law.  Unfortunately some owners can’t be bothered.
The TM 47 is used for the 90 day reporting requirement.  Which is different. 

TM47 (Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer than 90 days) Foreigners who are on an extension-of-stay such as working visa, marriage visa or retirement visa are required to notify the Immigration Office regarding their current residential address every 90 days.

The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.Jul 10, 2563 BE

So if you have your own house it looks sounds like you don't have to do a TM 30.. only tm47…?

1 hour ago, yeahbutif said:

So if you have your own house it looks sounds like you don't have to do a TM 30.. only tm47…?

No, you have to do both. TM30 initially to register your house as your permanent address and then TM47 to confirm that you are still living there.

18 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

AS another poster has said its a 2000 baht fine, but only if you have to deal with immigration? So for an extension of stay for example?

IMG_20221215_0001.thumb.jpg.e0522b5b13d4834a6845012576aa1cb6.jpg

This was changed two years ago, you no longer have to report to immigration within 24 hrs of arrival, though they still want to see a last TM30 for some reason, and at our office a print out not on their own app.

3 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

What's the difference between a TM30 and a tm47 ..TM 47 is notifying adress you are staying that you have to do every 90 days ,so if you do TM 47 do you still have to do TM30. .as I can't see the point..

nothing to do with you seeing the point, if you analysed every rule and regulation out there that's applied or not applied at the whim of the officials you wouldn't have the time to scratch your ar$e ????