Marriage extension using Pension

Apologies but I've searched the forum but cannot find...

My Swedish neighbour is due to renew his marriage extension soon, he is adamant that a letter from his Embassy will suffice to show he is receiving a pension,

Would he also need to show monthly pension payments to his bank account for the last 12 months ??

Thank You

If this is OK with Swedish Embassy-probably not available from British embassy.

Income support letters for retirement visa extension are not available from British embassy.

It used to be!

Certain countries still issue such letters in Thailand.

For certain the British and American (and others) embassies do not.

Edited by Delight
spelling

I extented my stay last month in Sriracha immigration and embassy letter wasn't enough,they wanted to see 6 months of payments from abroad into a thai bank.A friend  did his extension last Tuesday in Pattaya and embassy letter was enough.So I guess it depends which immigration office,or which immigration officer 

• Thumbs Up 1

No, not the fee, it was the wording of the letter.  Immigration wanted the Embassies to guarantee what their letter said was the truth and the three Embassies  couldn't do so as in some cases they only went by what their citizens said was their income.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lungbing said:

No, not the fee, it was the wording of the letter.  Immigration wanted the Embassies to guarantee what their letter said was the truth and the three Embassies  couldn't do so as in some cases they only went by what their citizens said was their income.

Also the Belgian Embassy cannot guarantee (legalise) the amount you mention in your affidavit, they only legalise yiour signature. For the I/O of Pathum Thani this was OK until a few years ago but not they need also proof of money transfers. 

The letter from his Embassy is okay as long the money from his bank meets the 400,000 requirement.

He will also need a letter from his bank in Thailand showing he has a bank account.

The amount of money in the account is not important.

As long as he has a bank account.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I extented my stay last month in Sriracha immigration and embassy letter wasn't enough,they wanted to see 6 months of payments from abroad into a thai bank.A friend  did his extension last Tuesday in Pattaya and embassy letter was enough.So I guess it depends which immigration office,or which immigration officer 

It will be Jomtien