Could this corruption scandal signal the end of the EU ?

Social Media

Allegations that MEPs have been taking huge cash bribes shine a light on inner workings

Police seizures of suitcases stuffed full of cash are usually the result of crackdowns on crime gangs or drug lords. This time, though, the brick-like wads of €50 notes were found not by the vice squad, but by detectives investigating allegations of corruption in the European Parliament....

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't see why this would signal the end of the EU 

They don't even come to senses.

They push forward for more and more Balkans states getting candidates.

Schengen free travel/residence/work permit from Romania and Bulgari.

Hooray! Shout the traffickers.

Visa exempt for Kosovo, a country in dispute with Serbia.

Good to watch from the distance.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Good point. Now if there were a major political party that mostly subscribed to the editorial stances of the Telegraph, your observation wouldn't make much sense. But the governance of the UK could never sink that low, could it? Just a rhetorical question. Of course it couldn't.

The UK Government is also extreme  far right ?

This sounds worrying and a concern for the World , hopefully Russian will stop the extreme far right U.K Government from committing any atrocities 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, if you were to  question, say, my assertions about atomic structure, and in reply, I were to send you here,

https://www.atomicarchive.com/science/physics/atomic-isotopes.html

that would make my claims false?

You don't seem to have a clue about what evidence consists of.

It is to laugh.

Can you state the extreme far right wing actions that the UK Government inflicts on its people or not ?

Or was you speaking nonsense ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Can you state the extreme far right wing actions that the UK Government inflicts on its people or not ?

Or was you speaking nonsense ?

This is just one more attempt by you to make things personal. To focus on the person you disagree with rather than the issue of disagreement. It's fundamentally dishonest.. I have given  you a link to someone making the case. There's no necessary reason for me to rehash it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Daily Telegraph is a Conservative newspaper and the UK Government  is a moderate Conservative government, now enough of your nonsense  about "extreme right wing"  UK newspaper and Governments

How extreme left or right a government is, is obviously a question of the place from where you are looking.

If a person is already on the right side of the political spectrum then someone more right-wing is not considered radical.

But if you are on the left or on the far left then from that perspective you see a far-right government.

And all that obviously also depends on the country and even regions in the same country. Different people have different definitions.

It is pretty obvious that the UK has the government which they have, including Brexit, because a large part of their press supports it with their constant lies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1