Bankbook statement for extension of stay question

Went into the bank today to get the letter for immigration confirming that I have had 400,000 baht in the bank for the required time so that I can apply for my marriage extension tomorrow.

I also asked for an update to my bankbook which was provided, however I just noticed that the update doesn't show the last 6 months, it shows June 2022 then jumps to 19 December 2022, so there are no transactions showing for the last 6 months, although it shows the below for example:

25 June 2022

1,359, 846.31

then

17 December 2022

then

17 December 2022 withdrawal 692,427.86 which would be for withdrawals from 25 June 2022 to 17 December

then

then

19 December 2022 withdrawal 419.00 

balance 715,680.55

I don't know if this is acceptable to immigration, so I just printed off 3 months of transactions from my laptop and am going back to the bank in the morning to do a small withdrawal and an update so everything is current when I go in, that said, I would like to know if me printing off 3 months of my bank statements will be acceptable, e.g. has anyone else done this or is it something the bank must do to satisfy immigration ? 

Edited by 4MyEgo

You should be fine.

Using money in bank method you shouldn't even require bank statements.

Your bank book pages print outs should be sufficient.

Make sure that you apply early enough to obtain bank statements if they ask for unnecessary stuff. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You should be fine.

Using money in bank method you shouldn't even require bank statements.

Your bank book pages print outs should be sufficient.

Make sure that you apply early enough to obtain bank statements if they ask for unnecessary stuff. 

Thanks for that, yes I am applying a month earlier, immigration is an hour 20 away and I would hate to be sent back to the bank to get 3 months worth of statements, but if immigration goes down that path, not much I can do about it.

The guy I keep getting keeps changing things every year, he is a real pain in the butt, but I have heaps of stuff with me so if he asks, I usually find it and give it to him, that said, I might ask the bank for 3 months of statements while I am there in the morning and try giving him my print offs if he asks and if that doesn't satisfy his ego, then stick it to him with the banks print off of statements ???? ????

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for that, yes I am applying a month earlier, immigration is an hour 20 away and I would hate to be sent back to the bank to get 3 months worth of statements, but if immigration goes down that path, not much I can do about it.

The guy I keep getting keeps changing things every year, he is a real pain in the butt, but I have heaps of stuff with me so if he asks, I usually find it and give it to him, that said, I might ask the bank for 3 months of statements while I am there in the morning and try giving him my print offs if he asks and if that doesn't satisfy his ego, then stick it to him with the banks print off of statements ???? ????

This won't be of much help, however here is my recent experience....

The io wanted bank statements for my extension retirement.

Long story short she was very young and was in the wrong.

I dealt with her senior and suggested that I would provide 12 month statements next time.

She accepted that.

l put it down to the old "save face" rubbish. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

My experience for simple extension based on money-in-the-bank, marriage,    (yours may vary):

Bank Letter:   Establishes date from which funds have been continuously on deposit.

Bank Book:   Establishes that account is open/active on day of visit  (account history not inspected).

Bank Statement:   Not required.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

immigration is an hour 20 away and I would hate to be sent back to the bank to get 3 months worth of statements,

You don't need to go to your own branch to get the statements. My branch is still in Bangkok from when I lived there and I get my statements from my local branch in Kalasin Province. Not a problem. Of course, in Thailand there is always the chance someone doesn't know the rules and say 'Cannot', so then ask to speak to the manager.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Update on today's application on my 7th marriage extension regarding bank statements:

Totally different to what I expected.

Are you ready for it, well it wasn't 3 months worth, and it wasn't 12 months worth, it was from the date my bank passport started, i.e. 31/10/2016.....that's, 9 pages in total.

Fortunately for me, I had 2 copies right up to date in an A4 envelope, (expect the unexpected).

Just out of curiosity anyone else experience having to provide more than 12 months of bank statements ?

22 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Update on today's application on my 7th marriage extension regarding bank statements:

Totally different to what I expected.

Are you ready for it, well it wasn't 3 months worth, and it wasn't 12 months worth, it was from the date my bank passport started, i.e. 31/10/2016.....that's, 9 pages in total.

Fortunately for me, I had 2 copies right up to date in an A4 envelope, (expect the unexpected).

Just out of curiosity anyone else experience having to provide more than 12 months of bank statements ?

I'd say you are unfortunate in getting an IO who seems to be anally-retentive.

Having said that, at CR Immigration they want copies of all pages of my bankbook, a bank statement going back six months, a bank letter ( duplication of effort ), and the passbook updated the day I go to Immigration.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'd say you are unfortunate in getting an IO who seems to be anally-retentive.

Having said that, at CR Immigration they want copies of all pages of my bankbook, a bank statement going back six months, a bank letter ( duplication of effort ), and the passbook updated the day I go to Immigration.

Wow, I suppose I'm lucky he didn't ask for a bank statement going back 3 or even 6 months, that would have made me have to go to a branch to get it, more time wasted. That said, next time I will ask the bank for a bank statement for 6 months, just in case he try's that one on me.

The above said, glad (respectfully), I'm not the only farang getting the special treatment.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always withdraw some money, then ask for a statement letter in Thai saying I'm the account owner and the account holding, and then I get a 3 months printout of all transactions.

This costs just 200 thb at Bangkok Bank and takes 10 minutes.