30 day extension questions

I’m a US citizen in Thailand for tourism, and my passport stamp says admitted Nov 9 until Dec 23. I want to get a 30 day extension. Questions:

1)   Can I get my extension on the 21st or 22nd, or do I have to go on the 23rd?

2)   Do I need to, or does it make sense to use the Imm-Q on Mobile to set an appointment date/time?

3)   Is an E visa possible in my case?

4)   Can I download, print and fill out the TM.7 from here to take with me, rather than trying to fill it out while I wait in line?

5)   Are the docs required only passport, TM.7 and photo? Isn’t there a form required from my condo? The departure card (TM.6) is gone, right? Any ongoing flight info needed?

1. You can apply earlier. Too late now. Most people obtain extension couple of weeks prior to expiry of current stamp. 

2. Set an appointment. Works a treat. You can do walk INS.

3. Best to obtain an extension. Your permit expires soon.

4. Yes you can download TM7. It also requires attached photo. 

5. Immigration may/will ask for a TM30. Obtain screenshot from your condo office. Flight not required. 

TM6 not required. 

Note: from the dates you provided means that you entered visa exempt.

If obtaining extension in Bangkok you will use IT Mall Laksi. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

As above, go now.

Whether to make an  appointment rather depends on which office you will be using (where you are in Thailand) which you did not mention. If in Bangkok then yes, advisable.

You can download the TM7 here https://aseannow.com/topic/631223-immigration-templates/

As you are already in Thailand an evisa is not possible (unless you conceal your whereabouts)  and in any event would require you to leave the country and re-enter. The only visa you can apply for when already in-country is an "O" visa for reasons of retirement of marriage to a Thai and there are financial requirements.

• Like 1