Ordering taxis super early in the morning

Deserted

Hi there guys, we often use apps like Bolt, Grab and Uber to order a taxi because we live so far into an area of Laksi it is absolutely impossible for us to get one unless we walk 3kms to the nearest major road. This weekend we are going to have to order one between 5 am and 6 am. It's the first time I've tried to order a taxi so early in the morning and wondered if its even possible? I have to be at the train station for 06,30 and have to book online. Is it a problem using these apps at that time, do they have drivers available then? 

I've booked in advance with Grab for early morning trips many times. If I am able to book, it's never been a problem. They have always arrived on time, usually a little early. However, sometimes (and it's happening more often recently), I can't make a booking because they don't have a driver/the time is full. When that happens, I call one on the day, but well in advance because there is usually a long wait. 

So I would suggest you book it as soon as you can.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Deserted said:

I can't find the advance booking option. How do I get to it? Where is it?

Open the Grab app, click on "transport" at the top.  

On that page, in the "where to" box at the top it says "Now" at the far right.  Click that, it's a drop down menu that will allow you to schedule in advance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Open the Grab app, click on "transport" at the top.  

On that page, in the "where to" box at the top it says "Now" at the far right.  Click that, it's a drop down menu that will allow you to schedule in advance.

Thanks but we must have a different version. In the 'where to' box it doesn't say now and there is no drop down menu. It does say 'Add a stop' but when I do that it just goes to ordering for now and doesn't give any other options.

In my Grab app, I put the destination in, confirm the pickup location, and then on the next page it lists the types of cars and has the green BOOK button. 

To the left of that button there is a small icon of a car with a clock. Click that and the options for date and time come upm 

If you don't have that either, just look around your version of the app. It will be there somewhere.