Pattaya/Bang Sare Hotel and Golf

JAS21

Thinking we might go to that area over the Christmas period.

Want a nice hotel with room over looking the sea and a swimming pool not too far away from the room.

It has been many years since we stayed in that area.

Only golf course we know is Plutaluang.

So can any local recommend an hotel and/or a golf course. tks

Plutaluang is a navy golf course, its good value, but qualitywise rather low. You might consider Eastern Star Golf course nearby, with nice facilities, better maintained and not expensive either.

Just about 4 km south of Eastern Star is Phala Beach and a handful of cheap, simple resorts or hotels. Nothing to rave about. If you are looking for a nice experience, do not stay there. I do not know any special accomodation in this aera. It would therefore drive up to Na-Jomtien, maybe 20 km, where there are plenty of good to exellent hotels, like Moevenpick, Ravindra, Dor Shada and many other.

Thanks guys that info was very useful.

We had pre booked X2 Vibe for two nights and it’s actually quite nice.

As we left Nonthaburi before 7am … to miss the traffic … we decided to take a look at Plutaluang … it seemed OK, maybe a bit dry and definitely plenty of leaves, quite busy but it is a weekend. Think it was about 1300thb all in weekday. MrsJ asked about playing on 26th,lady said would be very quite as all Falange get drunk on 25th…..

Then looked at Grand Satterhip hotel, which is very close to the golf course. would be ok for one night circ 1000thb. No swimming pool though.

Then went to Royal Thai Fleet golf course. Liked the idea of playing by the sea as it is cool. Tried, and failed, to get the same price as my wife. But anyway at 300thb weekday and 400thb weekend shouldn’t complain, and no caddie. 500thb to share a buggy for 20 holes. So plan is to go there tomorrow. It will be an experience!

Later went to Eastern Star, looks nice and 1550thb all in. Lunch there was also OK. They have accommodation but as a lot of Koreans staying could be a bit risky virus wise. 

So, at present plan is to stay here more nights.

Edit …555 I just noticed then there are two packs of three Durex in a tray with a bottle of Listerine and a couple of masks … that is a first as far as I’m concerned … had the chop when I was in my 30’s anyway…..

13 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Thanks guys that info was very useful.

We had pre booked X2 Vibe for two nights and it’s actually quite nice.

As we left Nonthaburi before 7am … to miss the traffic … we decided to take a look at Plutaluang … it seemed OK, maybe a bit dry and definitely plenty of leaves, quite busy but it is a weekend. Think it was about 1300thb all in weekday. MrsJ asked about playing on 26th,lady said would be very quite as all Falange get drunk on 25th…..

Then looked at Grand Satterhip hotel, which is very close to the golf course. would be ok for one night circ 1000thb. No swimming pool though.

Then went to Royal Thai Fleet golf course. Liked the idea of playing by the sea as it is cool. Tried, and failed, to get the same price as my wife. But anyway at 300thb weekday and 400thb weekend shouldn’t complain, and no caddie. 500thb to share a buggy for 20 holes. So plan is to go there tomorrow. It will be an experience!

Later went to Eastern Star, looks nice and 1550thb all in. Lunch there was also OK. They have accommodation but as a lot of Koreans staying could be a bit risky virus wise. 

So, at present plan is to stay here more nights.

Edit …555 I just noticed then there are two packs of three Durex in a tray with a bottle of Listerine and a couple of masks … that is a first as far as I’m concerned … had the chop when I was in my 30’s anyway…..

Fleet is pretty good but Marine is a much better 9 hole course, same price 300\400 falang. In the navy base, need to show ID.

I shot a gross 71 at Fleet a couple weeks ago

Marines Golf Course

https://maps.app.goo.gl/yVmoaRuiYvyKJjDX6

Screenshot_2022-12-24-16-39-14-899_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

So we played Fleet. Great for the first nine as a couple of navy guys played with us (@scuba got a par on index one???? almost the only one though). Second nine was a disaster as they had finished ... gave up after three or four holes as got lost and too many balls into the water that we didnt know was there ... course OK though.

Eastern Star was a nice course, MrsJ said it was hotter than Plutaluang which we actually enjoyed more although fairways were a bit hard, greens fast and many sloping.

As we decided, or more correct was decided for me to just play at Plutaluang we looked for and found a resort nearer to the course which had a nice swimming poor.

Hideaway Ban Chang is an amazing  new resort, absolutely unique and at an attractively price. Any visitor coming to play golf in the area might consider taking a look. Relaxing around the pool and bar, after golf, just the thing. 

We are back home now but MrsJ wants to go back there later next month .............####

unnamed_1_29.jpg.5dc0975188f7fb32bd1a9dc825040598.jpg

unnamed2_29.jpg.bdb1f131a46dc8be21efab1a1cf41bfc.jpg