Bangkok world’s #1 trending destination in 2022 – Airbnb

snoop1130

Seems to me the simple stop is the posting of big signs in lobby and elevator advising potential guests that rentals of less than 30 days are illegal and violators...both owner and renters are subject to fines and rental terminated immediately.....i suspect that a person arriving at their rental seeing that would quickly be demanding a refund and word would spread....of course they could also try and hold airbnb and online agents liable via lawsuits for knowingly listing illegal rentals. Airbnb has been getting away with acting like oh we didn't know the law, didn't know it was illegal all over the world.  Meantime they have made millions by enabling illegal rentals.

It should be required that owner or property manager must certify that the building where he is renting units short time is a legal rental.  In the vast majority of rentals online you can figure out in a few minutes if it is a hotel or legal rental.  With very few exceptions if the rental offered is less than 30 days and the building is clearly a condo...and has no hotel license which very few have...it is illegal.

2 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

So Qatar didn't make it on that list even though they just hosted the World Cup, yet Angra dos Reis, Brazil, did?

Tourist arrivals in Thailand number in the millions. Apply the sanity test to the numbers. Were there millions of visitors to Qatar for the world cup? Additionally, the world cup was just a few weeks. Thai tourism is all year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

Complete tosh:

"

Searches made in Q1-Q3 2022 for check-ins in 2022 vs the same period in 2021, saw Bangkok emerge as the #1 most trending destination for Airbnb guests across the world in 2022"

I can do anything with stats...

My wife came back in March - June 2022 - the airport was deserted and quarantine hotels were still in force. The streets were deserted.

We came back in Nov' - airport still empty and on our travels nowhere near usual occupancy.

Coming to Christmas it is getting busier, but not like the past...

Talking of complete tosh, you reckon two anecdotal pieces of data involving your wifes visit and yours wins over all the search data from AirBnB spanning three quarters,....okeydokey.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 12:49 PM, Iron Tongue said:

So Qatar didn't make it on that list even though they just hosted the World Cup, yet Angra dos Reis, Brazil, did?

Could maybe be because Airbnb don't have a whole lot of listing in Qatar. Don't know, didn't bother checking, just hypothersising.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:47 AM, ozimoron said:

Tourist arrivals in Thailand number in the millions. Apply the sanity test to the numbers. Were there millions of visitors to Qatar for the world cup? Additionally, the world cup was just a few weeks. Thai tourism is all year.

I understand all that.  Qatar had 1.4 million visitors just for the World Cup, btw.

But since this article is about the number of people who SEARCHED travel destinations, and may not actually travelled, wouldn't you think the World Cup location would at least motivate people to look into it?

And again Angra dos Reis, Brazil, made it into the top searches?

Sewerage smells, litter everywhere, enormous unfinished building eyesore right on the river (W T F ???) in a supposedly nice area, pedestrian unfriendly, young men abusing street animals, hundreds of Burmese migrants queuing in the heat to renew their their work visas.

Central Bangkok... Yep definitely a Worldwide Top 5 destination ????.

• Haha 1

Highly doubt it, especially with seeing global stupidity about face mask, for example, dumb sheep still recommending jab on radio and TV 24/7.

Then things aren't that cheap either.

What good of you today, Thailand?

I forgot, Yes, it's AMAZING THAILAND lol