Alpine Golf Club

thaihome

Tough course indeed. I played there a few years ago before Thaksin bought it, and it was in immaculate condition. I don't remember the greens being so difficult, but some of the drives were tricky. Could just have been me though!

• 2 weeks later...

Played the round last week. In short, probably one of, if not the best course I have ever played anywhere

Though it is in the middle of the Klong area north east of Bangkok, they have moved a massive amount of dirt to make a course with rolling hill fairways and several large elevations changes tee to green. Lush is an understatement. Fairways are immaculate with nary a weed to be seem, actually reminded me of the fairways at Augusta National (no I haven’t played there, but have seen the tournament several times). Greens are amazing and as treacherous as I was told. You can be 3 foot away downhill and an off line tap will roll 6 feet past.

Caddies were great. Knowledgeable, polite and into your game, helping with club selection, aim points and breaks and speed tips on the green.

All in all, one of the best times I have had on a golf course. Now all I got to do is finagle another round. Maybe I can talk my company into buying a membership?

TH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I play there a lot (guests of members).

You are in for an absolute treat. Just be ready for a few 3-putts.

I guess you missed post #5. It was indeed a treat and there was more then one 3 putts. :o

Ah....yes, correct. Sorry, brain-fade there.

Glad you enjoyed it, I am there again Thursday for more putts from hel_l. Does nothing for ones confidence!