Happy Christmas and a better 2023 to all.

thaibeachlovers

3 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Happy xmas and great new year folks.

Unlikely to get either in the UK.

My poor old 2cv isn't having one.

669153097_2cvsnow.thumb.jpg.565a035f61e5b93ea3d7d5e14335f13c.jpg

I bet she starts on the first turn of the key! ???? 

Not a 2CV but from a similar era.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking strictly selfishly, I must admit that the past three years have suited me. In fact, again speaking selfishly, I would enjoy another back-to-back three-year pandemic. Bring it on! 

But, in fact, the past three years have hugely and negatively affected the education and the wellbeing of our next generation.

Some children who might have chosen to pursue a more rigorous science curriculum have now been compelled to opt for the humanities, simply because they are not able to catch up after interpretation of their schooling. 

And, as we all know, the humanities is basically garbage, these days, unless one is also very strong in math and science, and computer information science. 

Scholarly articles have yet to be written concerning the magnitude of the disruption to our next generation. 

The loss of continuity in a child's education, combined with uncertainty, takes a toll. 

You might mistakenly believe that the pandemic is behind us now. However, there are 1.4 billion people in China who might argue differently. 

In conclusion, I am not above wishing you and everyone a happy 2022 Christmas. And, indeed, I recommend having one, if you can. 

More realistically, however, I would prefer to hedge on this, and wish everyone a very happy 2025 Christmas. 

If I were a selfish person, which I an not, then I would be, more or less, content. 

Reasonably speaking, I have maybe 5 or 10 more years to live, actuarially. 

Why should I care if your 2035 Christmas is bright? 

This is the question I have been asking myself. 

Because, if you don't care, then why should I? 

I once thought that the human race was something worth saving. 

Was I mistaken? 

Maybe we should ask the Chief Twit? 

Have you ever seen Musk, the Chief Twit, tear up when he speaks of his love of Mankind? 

It's not that I don't believe that Musk believes he is doing his best to save his beloved Mankind. I just believe that Musk doesn't understand himself well enough to understand his motivations. 

Sorry. I must suddenly stop here. I just received a call from The White House. It seems their Christmas goose is loose, again. 

There is really nothing in The White House that Mark Twain could not have fixed. 

In Thailand, many people are unable to pronounce the word, house. They leave off the se in house. 

Why Hou? 

• Thumbs Up 1