birth certificate

hello, i have a question about birth certificate. I have been living in Belgium for more than 20 years, but I have still not been able to apply for a passport due to circumstances. i am coming to thailand soon and i need my birth certificate. how and where can i request this. I can't read or write Thai, but I can speak it. Thanks for the help ! greetings Mai

I believe any District Office can now download birth certificate data for central storage in Bangkok but not sure that will be accepted legally overseas - perhaps requires additional MFA registration.  For most uses there are alternatives available when BC is not available (lost in fire and such was common some years ago).  Speaking Thai should be all that is needed if you know details of birth.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I believe any District Office can now download birth certificate data for central storage in Bangkok but not sure that will be accepted legally overseas - perhaps requires additional MFA registration.  For most uses there are alternatives available when BC is not available (lost in fire and such was common some years ago).  Speaking Thai should be all that is needed if you know details of birth.

Does it take a lot of time to get this data, or is it something they can do fast ?

MFA can you get an agent to do that for you ? I remember that was possible in the past.

1 hour ago, Mai1508 said:

i am coming to thailand soon and i need my birth certificate.

Your post does not give enough information. Were you born in Thailand?

If you were then you can get a copy of your birth certificate from any District Office/Amphur.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Does it take a lot of time to get this data, or is it something they can do fast ?

MFA can you get an agent to do that for you ? I remember that was possible in the past.

I have not done as wife birth certificate had been lost in school fire years before (storage was in a government school at the time).  But my understanding was office could obtain if in Bangkok national data base and provide.  As for MFA not sure if would be needed (as not sure why needed) but am sure any translation service could provide paid service.

10 hours ago, blackcab said:

Your post does not give enough information. Were you born in Thailand?

If you were then you can get a copy of your birth certificate from any District Office/Amphur.

She was born in Thailand, in Bangkok in a hospital. 

She had an old document but the Belgian (local) government needed a recent copy for some actions.

(i know the poster personally just dont know enough about this process)

2 hours ago, Foghorn said:

One of my child’s birth certificate got damage at a shop , I got police report and tried to obtain a new one , the amphur refused and said I have to travel to the province where child was born to get one 

That is how I see it. You just go back to the Tessabahn to where the child was registered initially.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

She was born in Thailand, in Bangkok in a hospital. 

She had an old document but the Belgian (local) government needed a recent copy for some actions.

(i know the poster personally just dont know enough about this process)

Any District Office in Bangkok can provide a copy.

• 2 weeks later...