Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2x4 vs Toyota Hilux Revo Rocco 2x4

North

Hi all,

I am considering buying a new pickup, specifically one of the two brands mentioned in the headline.

Has anyone else had the same thoughts and what result did you end up with and why ?

I am interested in the top specification models, however I only want 2-wheel drive.

Last week I test drove the Ford Ranger Wildtrak, and I really liked it.

But I am a bit worried about Ford Thailand regarding their service to customers.

I haven't yet found a Toyota dealer here in Khon Kaen, that offers a test drive in the Hilux.

22 minutes ago, North said:

Last week I test drove the Ford Ranger Wildtrak, and I really liked it.

But I am a bit worried about Ford Thailand regarding their service to customers.

7 years ago I looked at the Wild Track for 1.6 million baht and for the extra 800,000 baht in price range difference for the 4 door Ranger with the 2.2 turbo, all I could see was the motor size, GPS and the roof racks.

7 years on very happy with the Ranger 2.2 turbo, does the job and we have travelled all over Thailand with it, currently have 220,000 kilometres on it.

Did the services at Ford for the 1st 3 years to keep the warranty, after that, local mechanic, for less than half the price. I found Ford mechanics to be good, they know the vehicle, but they have big overheads so they have to sting you on the parts and labour.

I could have easily afforded the Wild Track, but I didn't see the value in it, so I used that extra 800,000 towards the build of our house, i.e. the house build cost me 1.5 mil, but each to their own. 

• Like 1