Visa Exempt from UK - how long can I Stay

Hello

Everyone here seems pretty knowledgeable so here goes... I have had few different answers elsewhere which conflict! I've read a good thread on Multiple Entry Visa but i think UK is visa Exempt.

I flew in on 5th October 2022 and left 2 Nov. 1 stamp

Returned to Thailand on 9th Nov. 2 stamps 

On 13th December extended stay until 22nd Jan at immigration.

On 9th Jan I'm going to Bali for couple of weeks.

After that i plan to return and stay until June or for another 75 days worse case.

Some say as long as i fly in and out this is unlimited in terms of repetition as border crossings are limited to 2 per year.

Is this the case? And would there be any ramifications next year? ( October ) for example be refused entry? 

I live with my girlfriend here.  Basically the plan is to work in UK 3-6 months a year then stay here for 6-9 months a year. 

Many thanks in advance:) 

TB

Edited by timmyboy

4 minutes ago, timmyboy said:

I live with my girlfriend here.  Basically the plan is to work in UK 3-6 months a year then stay here for 6-9 months a year.

Assume you are under 50?

Your travel patterns should not cause an issue however while visa exempt entry via air have no stated limit you will come under increased scrutiny.

For ongoing 6-9 months per year in Thailand visa exempt entries not best option. 

16 minutes ago, timmyboy said:

Any thoughts on which visa

An METV gives you up to 9 month stay.

For 6 months border bounces with extensions give 60 days messy but you are able to obtain 2 per calendar year.

Tourist visa with extension would give approx 3 months and then you could do visa run.

My choice is Saigon but many go to Laos.

To some extent depends where you are based in Thailand. 

Obviously at 45 yrs best option is PE (Elite visa) 5 years easy peasy but pricey. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Obviously at 45 yrs best option is PE (Elite visa) 5 years easy peasy but pricey. 

You are a Gentleman. Based in Siracha near Pattaya. Yes is messy you are right. I'll look into elite visa. 

Nice one Jack. 

Tim

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, timmyboy said:

I'll look into elite visa.

It's a ripper and perfect for 45 yr old.

Threads on that and currently it's 600k but basically gives a 5 yr stay and can be extended. 

For someone say 48 then its prob best to stuff around with visas and visa exempt entries until they turn 50 and and do non O retirement. 

Marriage is a solution but imo should never be done for visa options. 

Note: there is a current thread running on METV. Might be worth a read. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

An METV gives you up to 9 month stay.

For 6 months border bounces with extensions give 60 days messy but you are able to obtain 2 per calendar year.

Tourist visa with extension would give approx 3 months and then you could do visa run.

My choice is Saigon but many go to Laos.

To some extent depends where you are based in Thailand. 

For British PPS Do they do METV in Saigon/Laos? Or is it only SETV? 

Heard that the online METV application process is pretty onerous and you have to apply from the UK?

1 hour ago, falangUK said:

For British PPS Do they do METV in Saigon/Laos? Or is it only SETV? 

Heard that the online METV application process is pretty onerous and you have to apply from the UK?

The METV is supposed to be applied for in your own country or country where you have permanent residency.

Some folk have asked about obtaining a METV eVisa and just use that when entering from another country (eg Vietnam).

I haven't seen a report of someone actually doing that.

More just asking if it's possible. 

Farang are slippery at times. 

In Saigon you could obtain a setv at the consulate. 

Appointment required

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Your current plan to return visa exempt by air in January will be OK. However, for the longer term, you either need to only use visas, or combine a visa or two entering by land, in conjunction with entering Thailand by land for visa exemptions (limit by land is two per calendar year).

If you can afford a Thailand Elite membership, that would provide simplicity and peace of mind.

• Thanks 1