Home Owner Insurance (fire And Theft)

jimmym40

My thai wife moved in to a new home and wish to purchase fire and theft insurance in Chiang Mai. Don't really need the fire part, mainly theft of contents of home. The home is 90 percent concrete.

Any companies that you know of that offer this coverage.

Thanks.

My thai wife moved in to a new home and wish to purchase fire and theft insurance in Chiang Mai. Don't really need the fire part, mainly theft of contents of home. The home is 90 percent concrete.

Any companies that you know of that offer this coverage.

Thanks.

I have it for my home in maejo. ayyudiya insurance. Office is on super highway past lotus if your heading into town. (Lotus would be on your left as well as ins office). i have about 800,000 baht coverage fire theft rain wind etc. coast is about $70.00 year US. you can talk with ajan michael there he helped me and used to sell insurance. Been there 30 yrs (c.m.) and thai is quite good. 0840457420

jerry

I looked at about 6 different insurance companies and after reading the fine print, things like money, jewelery, computers, cameras and tv were not included in the coverage. After thinking about it, the only things left were my furniture which I couldn't see someone stealing so easily. I'm sure other people may have other reasons for insurance but I couldn't justify it for my situation.

hi. we got coverage for our little cottage via QBE insurance. We got this via some people we met at the AIA Insurance office in Mahidol Road. A very pleasant middle-aged Thai married couple who work together there. They mostly do life insurance but AIA Thailand must have a relationship with QBE because we only dealt through them. They came to our place and helped us with the paperwork - very helpful at all times - and they have visited us since when they are in the area. I think the cost was very reasonable bearing in mind it is a mostly wooden structure - and surrounded by same.