plannning to do a border run via singapore

19 minutes ago, webber4 said:

thank you. what does border bounce mean? like getting a visa on arrival?

A border bounce means that you travel to land border ...eg Nong Khai and exit and turn around and reenter Thailand visa exempt. 

You are allowed 2 per calendar year 

Also you will not be over questioned compared to re-entering via air

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

A border bounce means that you travel to land border ...eg Nong Khai and exit and turn around and reenter Thailand visa exempt. 

You are allowed 2 per calendar year 

Also you will not be over questioned compared to re-entering via air

Thank you. yes, it might be useful in the future or else just getting another proper tourist visa in a thai embassy in Laos for example.

1 hour ago, webber4 said:

Thank you. yes, it might be useful in the future or else just getting another proper tourist visa in a thai embassy in Laos for example.

Right, bearing in mind that all embassies/consulates in the region have limits (that vary) over issuing tourist visas. You should be fine for at least one or two tourist visas in Vientiane following your METV. However, they would eventually deny you another, and some locations are more restrictive than Vientiane. For instance, your chances of a tourist visa in Phnom Penh immediately after an METV would not be good.

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

Yes, they are cheap but nasty plus all the extras you have to pay for

It's for that reason I booked Singapore airlines for February. Was unaware of any entry requirements regarding vax certificates. Airline never mentioned anything on booking. Thanks to contributors here, I'm now aware and prepared.

Edited by soi3eddie

6 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

It's for that reason I booked Singapore airlines for February. Was unaware of any entry requirements regarding vax certificates. Airline never mentioned anything on booking. Thanks to contributors here, I'm now aware and prepared.

Scoot is just a cheap part of Singapore airlines Singapore Airlines is Ok 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Scoot is just a cheap part of Singapore airlines Singapore Airlines is Ok 

Thanks. In year 2000 the cheaper subsiduary of SQ used to be Silk Air and they were OK when I flew them (just read they ceased in May 2021). Only things I've heard about Scoot are that they are S.h.i.t.e!

6 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Thanks. In year 2000 the cheaper subsiduary of SQ used to be Silk Air and they were OK when I flew them (just read they ceased in May 2021). Only things I've heard about Scoot are that they are S.h.i.t.e!

As I heard on Sunday now you have to pay for your seat on scoot I mean for every seat 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, still kicking said:

NOO any seat 

Are you saying that they charge you once for a flight reservation, and then insist on charging you again if you want to check in to use the flight? That is certainly s dubious policy. I find it hard to believe it is legal, unless made very clear to you at the time you make the flight reservation.

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Are you saying that they charge you once for a flight reservation, and then insist on charging you again if you want to check in to use the flight? That is certainly s dubious policy. I find it hard to believe it is legal, unless made very clear to you at the time you make the flight reservation.

Yes, I can't you any official information it is what I heard from people 

Just now, soi3eddie said:

So what happens if you don't pay? Surely can't be right? I thought Thai AirAsia were bad enough!

I have not used Scoot for many years because of bad experience I can only tell you what I heard at the weekend I used Thai which nobody likes but they stopped flying to Perth I never ever had any probs with Thai being disabled now I don't like to change flights or airlines 

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2022 at 10:52 PM, still kicking said:

Nothing wrong with Australia unless you live in Sydney or Melbourne 

Being a tourist in Melbourne sucks, stepping off a plane, and supposed to use a 'MyKey' for all transportation, even though you have to get it at hotels or shops (in the CBD). Plus, taxi drivers who have not enough cash for your change, but give you an expensive tour, by going four times 'around the block'... ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 12/31/2022 at 3:29 AM, still kicking said:

NOO any seat 

You don't pay extra for a seat. What you pay extra for is Choosing where you sit. 

At checkin Scoot will allocate a seat at no extra charge.

On the choose a seat page in the booking process it advises you if you want to choose a seat then Scoot will charge you extra.

image.png.a47640ef31d53bcaa8c22011e3de2bb2.png