Thai Police Plan to Change Traffic Police Vest to Appear More Friendly

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Thai deputy national police chief is eying to change the color of the vest’s banners worn by traffic police to reflective green and yellow to improve visibility, make the police seem more friendly and approachable, and orderliness.

to improve visibility, yes for sure ! but since when does the color of an outfit make the person wearing it more friendly and approachable...?

• Like 2

The only time people cared about the traffic rules was just after military removed red shirt protesters and put men with rifles into intersections. No more red light running, no more other dangerous maneuvers, no running over pedestrians... afraid of getting shot. Maybe replace police with snipers and people will behave? Or at least give them a very big gun and camouflage uniform...

This sounds like using up leftover annual uniform budget (less commission) to avoid next year’s grant being lower. 

They just issued some free black body warmer jackets to some office staff to replace perfectly serviceable dark blue ones. Unusual as they normally have to buy them from their meagre salaries.

It's not the vest you idiot it's the Muppets inside the vest that need to be changed, miserable sods.

As for coordinating colours, since when was anything in Thailand concerning the BiB coordinated.

Just look at the uncoordinated IB with random rules for visa extensions etc etc

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

how about doing your job properly and act as a police, and not as a bunch of useless guys...

They are good at solving theft crimes and killings. Maybe what we visitors consider important, they do not.????

23 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

The only time people cared about the traffic rules was just after military removed red shirt protesters and put men with rifles into intersections. No more red light running, no more other dangerous maneuvers, no running over pedestrians... afraid of getting shot. Maybe replace police with snipers and people will behave? Or at least give them a very big gun and camouflage uniform...

I do know I felt a little safer walking around Bkk knowing it was military on the street, and not . . .

In the time after the demonstrating stopped.  Once there was clump of soldiers at the intersection near my apt, they had their rifles in that teepee kind of shape on the sidewalk.  All of them giving me that look that says they've never seen a farang before.  We chatted, they tolerated my bad and limited Thai, they were all country boys.  I don't know if the people feared them, but I didn't.