New insurance requirement is coming ?

48 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why are you asking?

Anybody not fully vaccinated and without health insurance shouldn't be here.

I am going to India for a couple of weeks and later will return to Thailand.

I am fully vaccinated and my health expenses are covered by  a health fund financed by my professional organization.

But it is not an "insurance" and it is not accepted by Thailand.
So I would like to avoid unnecessary thai insurance policies.

For this reason, and because I like to know what is appening in Thailand I posted my message.
Could I do it ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Same with any country really, the UK, Europe, how about the US! If that were the criteria to remain, half the population would have to leave the US.

There is a difference between citizens (population) and visitors. Isn't that obvious? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

No, at least not for a long while, it would negatively impact tourist arrivals and that's a major risk to GDP.

All you have to do is look at virtually every country including Thailand and their actions to see this played out. 

image.png.ba44f6addd51ed9249ff578ee734d53e.png

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why are you asking?

Anybody not fully vaccinated and without health insurance shouldn't be here.

You speak for yourself mate, you might be at a age that is easy to get insurance, I am not and unfortunately there are a lot more of us that are at a age, or have had past medical problems and will never be able to get travel insurance .                                                          I bought a ticket and booked accommodation to Thailand many months ago, when there was no talk of a sudden change in the rules, now we hear the possabilities that travel insurance may be required to enter.                                                                                    That leaves me little chance of getting travel insurance because of my age and past medical health , so I will lose almost all the cost of the air ticket and cost of accommodation                                                                                                                         I have only just come back from a trip to Thailand in July , August , so at that time all that was required was to be fully vaccinated which I am , therefor was well and truly under the impression things would be okay for me to travel to Thailand.   Regards Popa        

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, popabear said:

now we hear the possabilities that travel insurance may be required to enter

No, now we hear someone inflating a "statement" from Anutin talking about Chinese visitors to placate the masses. There has been no suggestion to date it is coming back for anyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Seriously. If your age and past health are serious enough to be refuses travel insurance, I think you should seriously reconsider your travel options.

I had health problems 12 years ago , with no problems now and seriously do you really think I should be discriminated against , because of my age ,  as I am fit to travel . One day you are all going to get to my age and have the same problem i have .  Regards Popa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

and in part because people are not willing to pay for the insurance). Does it make sense for Thailand to welcome only the healthy people with insurance or should they welcome everybody?

I am willing to buy insurance , but will be unable to because of the system we have against old people . Do you really think I should be discriminated against because of my age. I am fit and healthy with no health problems at all , Regards Popa

27 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The clear implication is that all arrivals will need to have insurance so as not to discriminate against the Chinese who will be required to have insurance.

There is no clear implication at all. It was just another soundbite from Anutin to placate the masses, he probably forgot all about it 30 seconds later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, popabear said:

I had health problems 12 years ago , with no problems now and seriously do you really think I should be discriminated against , because of my age ,  as I am fit to travel . One day you are all going to get to my age and have the same problem i have .  Regards Popa

I said nothing about being discriminated against. You don't know how old I am so don't know how you think you can comment.

If travel insurance companies believe you are too high a risk then there must be something wrong.

I did say " reconsider" your options. 

7 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Same with any country really, the UK, Europe, how about the US! If that were the criteria to remain, half the population would have to leave the US.

Talking about making America great again?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, popabear said:

I am willing to buy insurance , but will be unable to because of the system we have against old people . Do you really think I should be discriminated against because of my age. I am fit and healthy with no health problems at all , Regards Popa

It doesn't matter what I think. Nobody asks me if they should let you or anybody else into Thailand.

I tried to explain the reasoning behind regulations.

Countries normally do what is in their interest. I.e., lots of countries make it very difficult for Thai people to visit them. They even make it difficult for young and healthy people. 

• Like 2

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

4 hours ago, popabear said:

Don't know how old you are. My partner is 78. Never had a problem to buy travel insurance for the 9 months we spend in TH. They exclude pre existing conditions but will cover whatever pops up new incl. C19.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1