is it still true one can only do ones 90 day report in person at the immigration where ones extension is issued

Yes unless subsequent to your extension you have done a change of address. TM30.

Using online or via mail the 90 day report can be done from anywhere in Thailand.

No point for in person report unless fine needs to be paid. 

Edited by DrJack54

35 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

So of course you can do it at the local immigration office, doesn't have to be the one where the extension was issued.

That would only be possible if you do a change of address TM30.

The OP would have required a TM30 or rental contract or...in order to have obtained his extension.

If he now is in another province and wants to do 90 day report there he would need to do a change of address. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP would have required a TM30 or rental contract or...in order to have obtained his extension.

If he now is in another province and wants to do 90 day report there he would need to do a change of address. 

I reckon the hotels must have done that for me, as pretty sure I've done 90 day reports while out & about.

May have to try online again, as that has never worked for me.

Edited by KhunLA

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Most hotels do this automatically, so nothing special to do. I would ask for the TM30 printout though, in case immigration asks for it.

5 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Most hotels do this automatically, so nothing special to do. I would ask for the TM30 printout though, in case immigration asks for it.

That doesn't cut it 

The fact that if folk travel about and book into a hotel in another province and that hotel does a TM30 does not mean that the person  can waltz into that local immigration office and do a 90 day report.

They need use the TM30 as change of address.

Then once back to where they actually live do another change of address. 

That would be crazy.

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You should try the new online reporting. 

Works a treat.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add

Yes I did, well, registered, and much improved.  Previously I don't think I ever got pass first page, if that even opened before crashing.

Edited by KhunLA

35 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes I did, well, registered, and much improved.

When you register most people hit change password for a more personal one.

You will notice no TM6 space for number. Not required. 

Be careful with the address.

Needs to be same as what was used previously on the reports.

After you have successfully done one....then in future after you fill in first fields (Name and Passport #) you dont need to fill in the rest.

Hit magnifying glass icon and then rest of data such as address etc is filled in automatically.

The system also sends out a reminder email 15 days prior to next due date.

I always fill that in straight away. 

It's a bomb. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I reckon the hotels must have done that for me, as pretty sure I've done 90 day reports while out & about.

May have to try online again, as that has never worked for me.

HUH?

just cause u stay at a hotel in Thailand has absolutely nothing to do with  a 90 day report
Hotel is merely reporting ur staying there>
PLUS as i understand it, you do not need to file a  new tm 30 once u return home to ur residence and you were merely out an about>

so in response to my question>
Yes you need do  ur 90 day report at the immigration you received ur extension from if dong it in person.,

Thanks  ????

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That doesn't cut it 

The fact that if folk travel about and book into a hotel in another province and that hotel does a TM30 does not mean that the person  can waltz into that local immigration office and do a 90 day report.

They need use the TM30 as change of address.

Then once back to where they actually live do another change of address. 

That would be crazy.

It doesn’t matter if a hotel does the TM30 or you do it yourself, it’s the same.

3 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

It doesn’t matter if a hotel does the TM30 or you do it yourself, it’s the same.

Your missing the point.

The slightly confusing thing now since June 2020 is that filing a TM30 is also for change of address.

If someone is away from their usual address in another province they would need to do change of address to that province in order to file a 90 day report.

Then repeat that when they return to where they live. 

All of which would be crazy as 90 reports can be done online and via mail from anywhere in Thailand.

End of chit chat on this. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If someone is away from their usual address in another province they would need to do change of address to that province in order to file a 90 day report.

Usually the hotel where they stay does this anyway, they don’t have to do it themselves 

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Then repeat that when they return to where they live. 

If they return to their previous address a new TM30 is not required, according to the latest rules from 2020.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

If they return to their previous address a new TM30 is not required, according to the latest rules from 2020.

Read the title again.

The question is about can you do a 90 day report in another province. 

Answer YES but you would have to do an address change to where you wanted to file the 90 report.

Having done that you would need to do another change of address when you return to your usual address.

This came up maybe 6 months ago and some fool that was in Rayong on holiday and insisted on doing the reports in person so did a change of address to Rayong then when returned to Bangkok had to do another change of address. Ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, zzzzz said:

HUH?

just cause u stay at a hotel in Thailand has absolutely nothing to do with  a 90 day report
Hotel is merely reporting ur staying there>
PLUS as i understand it, you do not need to file a  new tm 30 once u return home to ur residence and you were merely out an about>

so in response to my question>
Yes you need do  ur 90 day report at the immigration you received ur extension from if dong it in person.,

Thanks  ????

Since I haven't done my 1st, 2nd or 3rd there, in the last 6 years, I'm pretty sure I don't have to.  YMMV