Honda Lawn Mower

drtreelove

For Dean1953:  Regarding your PM question about a Honda lawn mower in Chiang Mai, I'm posting here in case others are interested.  

I stopped at the CM Sriyont equipment shop today to check on Honda mowers for you: 

They have several models on the floor, but the two best 21" rotary models with grass catchers, in my opinion: 

1. Rowell  4-wheel push frame and Honda motor. 15,800

2. Honda frame and motor, top of the line, power driven rear wheels: 29,800

(comparible to your Buriram quote and avoids the shipping cost)

Other models, including ride-ons can be ordered. 

I highly recommend this shop for purchases and their excellent service/repair dept. Pumps, sprayers, bladed brush cutters, garden grinders and other equipment.

The owner/manager is Khun Nueng, fluent English and knowledgeable on equipment. One sales lady also speaks ok English and both are very helpful. 

Chiangmai Sriyont Part.,Ltd. Dealer HDE ; 288/1 Charoenraat Rd., Tambon Watket, Amphoe Muang, Chiang Mai · 50000 · 053-424427 · 

002.jpg

20230105_121033.jpg

001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Dr. Treelove.    I’ve been messaging Buriam for 2 months. I didn’t realize until last fall that Husqvarna has gotten out of the push mower business.  I’ve also been corresponding with Husqvarna in Bangkok over whether they can supply parts for my 2006 Husqvarna and have that one fixed to keep as a spare. They also gave me the name of a shop in Chiangmai that works on Husqvarna mowers.   
I would really prefer to buy a honda lawn mower locally, where I can drop it off for repairs if necessary. I get back on February 16 for 3 weeks and plan on going by Sriyont to buy the J216 and possibly a trimmer, if the one in my garage can’t be fixed. Now, I just have to find someone locally that is willing to cut my grass in Bosang. 

• 2 weeks later...

I leave for Chiangmai in a week. Coming from my house in Bosang, is this shop just before I would cross the Ping river, to the right?  If so, they worked on the first Used Honda mower that I bought 20 years ago. I’m curious if honda dealerships in Thailand offer the same warranty offered in the U.S.?  I’ll probably buy it regardless but would feel better turning a brand new lawn mower to a neighbor while I’m in the U.S.

I leave for Chiangmai in a week. Coming from my house in Bosang, is this shop just before I would cross the Ping river, to the right?  If so, they worked on the first Used Honda mower that I bought 20 years ago. I’m curious if honda dealerships in Thailand offer the same warranty offered in the U.S.?  I’ll probably buy it regardless but would feel better turning a brand new lawn mower to a neighbor while I’m in the U.S.

I have a lot less on my list of projects this time. I have to hire someone to monthly spray my teak house for termites. I’ll finish the painting, which should take about a week. I may work on the lawn, although I won’t try to kill the weeds and bad grass until I move back permanently. I may try to do a small area behind the house   It won’t cost much or take much time  The house will look nice when my wife and 2 of our children come over this summer. I stay at home to watch what my step son does and make sure he doesn’t burn the house down smoking in bed (and having parties).

13 hours ago, Dean1953 said:

Correct. Somewhat.  If you come in from San Kamphaeng on the 1006 and cross the 11 (superhwy) you will be on Charoeng Muang Rd. Continue straight and turn right on Charoeng Rat (106, the road along the East side of the river). Go north past Goodview on left, Wat Ket Karam on right, and pass through the next major intersection which is Kaeonawarat Rd. Sriyont is on the right in that stretch before Rattanakosin Rd. Can't miss it. Ask for Khun Neung the owner /manager, he'll fill you in on warranty.