Where to checkin at Phuket airport

stuarty

There was a similar question just recently with little response.

It was Bangkok Air and EVA air. What is your airline to Amsterdam? Code share?

If no one has a qualified answer there is no other way than asking Bangkok Air.

If it’s one ticket/confirmation number with two flights you’ll check in at the international terminal, get a CIQ sticker and go through immigration. Upon arrival in BKK you’ll be directed to a transit counter and be sent to the international terminal and on to your gate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last October, based on my previous Covid-effected journey when all check-ins were in Domestic and then bag collection and another check-in at BKK, I went to Domestic but then had to walk to International - it's only a five-minute level walk and so no problem.

Yes, I was on one ticket both times.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

If it’s one ticket/confirmation number with two flights you’ll check in at the international terminal, get a CIQ sticker and go through immigration. Upon arrival in BKK you’ll be directed to a transit counter and be sent to the international terminal and on to your gate. 

What surprises me is going through immigration in Phuket. So you have to make sure not walking out of the domestic terminal in Bangkok "accidentally"?

Edited by KhunBENQ

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

What surprises me is going through immigration in Phuket. So you have to make sure not walking out of the domestic terminal in Bangkok "accidentally"?

If you are capable of "accidentally" walking out despite the signage and uniformed ushers guiding you then you probably wouldn't be able to find your way home after a night out ????

• Haha 1

I am the OP. Was checked (and baggage) in all the way to Amsterdam at Phuket International Bangkok Airways desk. Given a CIQ sticker and told to go through immigration. However KLM flight was cancelled and had to spend 28 hours in BKK airport for replacement flight. Not allowed to leave airport as CIQ. Baggage did not arrive at my destination . Still waiting for it.  Fxxing nightmare. 

4 hours ago, stuarty said:

I am the OP. Was checked (and baggage) in all the way to Amsterdam at Phuket International Bangkok Airways desk. Given a CIQ sticker and told to go through immigration. However KLM flight was cancelled and had to spend 28 hours in BKK airport for replacement flight. Not allowed to leave airport as CIQ. Baggage did not arrive at my destination . Still waiting for it.  Fxxing nightmare. 

Sorry for you !!!!
Stupidity of immigration, they could have let you enter again to Thailand under visa exemption and exit after one day ????