Manhunt On For French Gunman

george

And you are deprived of common courtesy. You made a ridiculous statement that you expected everyone to take for fact, when it is in error. I asked you for a source of your statistics and you respond with an insult. Congratulations, for someone who is new to TV, you fit in with a lot of other idiots in here.

Edited by lopburi3
remove deleated quote - lopburi3

I didn't really want to get invovled in the various comments posted here about this woman being a "hooker" but I can tell you that my friend considered her to be a decent, clean living girl and was extremely kind to her while they were together. What happened to her during the past two years or so since they parted I simply don't know and I personally haven't seen any police reports that she had turned to prostitution during this period. What does make this tragedy all the more shocking though is that she never came across as a money grabbing sort of a person.

This is a mutiple tragedy. The girl in question has a young son from her previous failed marriage and with both parents now arrested for murder I dread to think what will become of him. My friend's present girlfriend, who had been with him for some while now, is at a total loss at what to do and she will find it very hard to replace such a decent man who had taken care of her every need. His son, his friends - we will all miss him dearly.

Why would anyone pay a farang 1 million baht when a Thai will do it for considerably less? Very odd.

Or maybe Thai wifey just wants to finger Marc for something else she's pissed about? Kind of like killing two birds with one stone. You're right SBK - doesn't make any sense at all. :o

that was the first thing that crossed my mind as well.

Sad case and there is apparently a second story to it. Condolences to the friends and relatives!

I didn't really want to get invovled in the various comments posted here about this woman being a "hooker" but I can tell you that my friend considered her to be a decent, clean living girl and was extremely kind to her while they were together. What happened to her during the past two years or so since they parted I simply don't know and I personally haven't seen any police reports that she had turned to prostitution during this period. What does make this tragedy all the more shocking though is that she never came across as a money grabbing sort of a person.

This is a mutiple tragedy. The girl in question has a young son from her previous failed marriage and with both parents now arrested for murder I dread to think what will become of him. My friend's present girlfriend, who had been with him for some while now, is at a total loss at what to do and she will find it very hard to replace such a decent man who had taken care of her every need. His son, his friends - we will all miss him dearly.

My condolences for the loss of your friend. It appears that after they parted she took up again with her previous ex-husband, the Italian. From the news articles, both English and Thai, I suspect that the killing was his idea and he organized it, though with her knowledge.

So the police have not caught the gun man yet.

So much for the various reporting systems for farangs:

90 day

Hotel owners

House owner

I guess we can expect a tightening up here as well. :o

eeze>> We cannot validate your claim of facts unless you supply a source. That is why people have to give them.

If you claim that 10% are underage then you are able to present that fact together with your evidence. Asking them after 'short timing' them perhaps?

In either case, one persons facts are another mans anecdotal evidence...

Manhunt on for French gunman

CHON BURI: -- A Thai woman and her Italian former husband were arrested yesterday for planning the murder of a retired German policeman in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district, and police are hunting for a Frenchman alleged to have acted as the gunman.

So it involves a Frenchman, an Italian and a Thai,and the Thai police have sorted it all out, but when the item was first published on TV all the resident experts, including those with indepth understanding of the "Thai psychology," explained it all like this (not including the messages that were deleted for being totally racist)

Wonder if the keystone cops (aka thai police) have figured out the link yet, or are trying to cut the best deal with the ex wife or the new wife before they arrest the other one, proving that they always solve the crime... TIT

RIP to the poor misguided victim sad.gif

People always comment its the same old story but whats really scary in Thailand is that people here do things like this knowing full well they will get caught! There is no thought processes involved! They still do it! When a Thai gets angry or says they are going to do something, you better listen! If you think along the lines of Farang Logic "oh, they won't do it cause its too obvious and they'll get caught" then you can forget that! They will do it and they will get caught! But they just dont seem to care! And you will be dead anyway! Just an experienced warning for newcomers!
so true, the Thais will do something or commit a crime knowing they will be caught. The same is true when it comes to driving a vehicle Just drive with reckless abandonment, have an accident, no problem.

I quess they figure Budha will look out forthem

Thai people are no more nor less inclined to criminal acts than other nationalities. For farang who spend most of their time in bars and with people trading sex, drugs, etc, obviously they are exposing themselves to a segment of Thai society which is not typical.

As far as the police are concerned, every country in the world has problems with police who are corrupt or dishonest or racist. Think about how often British police have been found to have manufactured evidence to suit their purposes. Think about when they shot some guy coming out of the underground after those London bombings because he had black hair like a terrorist. Think about some of the stuff the police have done in LA, New York or Tokyo.

Quite often it is the Thai police who end up arresting farang who have escaped from European countries and eluded Interpol (i.e. doing their job for them).

Some of the messages that are typically posted on TV demonstrate a regretable racism as well as a very silly implied notion of what life was like back in farang-land.

eeze>> We cannot validate your claim of facts unless you supply a source. That is why people have to give them.

If you claim that 10% are underage then you are able to present that fact together with your evidence. Asking them after 'short timing' them perhaps?

In either case, one persons facts are another mans anecdotal evidence...

Valid point TAWP. It's just that I can accept the fact that some quoted states may never truly be verified as the the numbers vary each day (such as my 10% nana undersage) but I think that it is safe to say that 90% of the woman in Pattaya are involved in the sex industry. Would be difficult to verify. Suffice that the OP should have just "a very high percentage" and that would have satisified everyone.

If you take all the girls working in Hotels, big department stores, small shops, traditional and foot massage, supermarkets, restaurants and wifes to men living and working in Pattaya you will probably see that they are the majority of girls there.

The girls directly working in the sex industry are a minority, albeit a very visible one.

Sorry for your friend but don't try to fool us please.

Why would a 32 year old girl marry a 63 year old man, if not for the money.

And I am sorry , but in Pattaya 90% of he women are or have been hookers.A hard fact of life in pattaya that cannot be denied.

And your source for this is....?

Does everything have to be directly quoted from an authoritative source? Sometimes there is no hard facts on exact numbers or percentages. If I said there were hundreds of hookers on Soi Nana, whereby 10% were underage. Would I have to produce a governement backed report stating the facts or would my own personal estimate be a worthy guess?

Although the stats of the story seem inline with this (32 year old lady, 63 year old husband. She's been married to another foreigner, etc) but I think anyone is capable of hiring a hitline, not only Pattaya girls so i'm not sure the link between that "fact" and the story.

The problem here is people who make these stupid posts say more about themselves than Pattaya.

they are obviously the type of person that never leaves the red light bar areas and think this is all Pattaya is about.

Many of the Thais here are hard working and here to feed their families. They don't need the constant slagging off and critisisms leveled at them by people who profess to know better.

If you take all the girls working in Hotels, big department stores, small shops, traditional and foot massage, supermarkets, restaurants and wifes to men living and working in Pattaya you will probably see that they are the majority of girls there.

The girls directly working in the sex industry are a minority, albeit a very visible one.

I was talking about the hotel girls :D

I typically stay at one hotel and i'll see the beauty salon girls at Lucifer night club on walking street. No, it wasn' a "girls night out"

I've seen estimates of 50,000 working girls in Pattaya. Not sure what the population of Pattaya is but it seems a very percentage, albeit in concentrated areas. Why would anyone want to 'live and work' in Pattaya? The beach is filthy, there is pissed up drunks all over the town, the nightlife is all about prostitution. Hate to generalize, but all the people I know in Pattaya are there for one thing only. :D

Sounds like you're an expert. :o

I was talking about the hotel girls :o

I typically stay at one hotel and i'll see the beauty salon girls at Lucifer night club on walking street. No, it wasn' a "girls night out"

I've seen estimates of 50,000 working girls in Pattaya. Not sure what the population of Pattaya is but it seems a very percentage, albeit in concentrated areas. Why would anyone want to 'live and work' in Pattaya? The beach is filthy, there is pissed up drunks all over the town, the nightlife is all about prostitution. Hate to generalize, but all the people I know in Pattaya are there for one thing only. :D

I guess that you don't know all of us then.

Some of us work, don't go to the beaches and are married, so some bars are out too! There are some nice places to go to aswell if you care to check but it seems that you have only made the time to go to the areas that you find offensive.

Funny that!