Update (paying) bank account with (Transfer)Wise

I have to change my bank account that was linked to Wise (my US bank account where Wise extracted funds from). I logged on to my Wise account to delete the old bank account and all that, but then I couldn't find anywhere where I can add my new bank account as the new "paying" account (as for adding "recipients" accounts the option to do so is right there.)

I'm just wondering if the one way to add the new paying account is to make a new transfer and Wise would ask for the new account when it comes to where to get the funds from? I'm not ready to make a transfer, basically just want to update my paying bank account info for now. So my question, is there a way to add the new bank account without making a transfer? Thank you in advance for any input/advice.

3 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

You will be able to add a new bank when you actually start a transfer. On the fourth step when it asks "how do you want to pay" it asks if you'd like to use an account you have already used or create a new one. You add the new bank details and it will "stick" and be there in the future.

wise have been vaugue and in too much of a rush to provide anything but support that they read from help files that you yourself can read....  I think they have the modern "churn and burn" methods when it comes to support.....

13 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

This particular clip, like many others similar on youtube, is about adding a "recipient" account ie destination (as opposed to adding a "payer"/paying account ie source.) As I have mentioned in the OP, for adding recipient accounts the option is right there (on their website,) you don't really need to look any further.

7 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

You will be able to add a new bank when you actually start a transfer. On the fourth step when it asks "how do you want to pay" it asks if you'd like to use an account you have already used or create a new one. You add the new bank details and it will "stick" and be there in the future.

Thank you for the clarification, that's what I thought how it would go. So there is no way to just "updating" your bank (source) account. Basically just adding a new one as you go ie when you do the next transfer. Btw Wise will let you "disconnect" the one it has stored in the system that you have been using. And that's what I did with my now-former account.

11 hours ago, Seeall said:

wise have been vaugue and in too much of a rush to provide anything but support that they read from help files that you yourself can read....  I think they have the modern "churn and burn" methods when it comes to support.....

Really? Perhaps things have changed there. A couple of years ago admittedly, they were very helpful in quickly sorting out an ATM € cash withdrawal done in France for me that went a bit haywire. All done by chat and email. What I did learn from the experience was that it's best not to use your wise card for cash withdrawals! As they explained a bank owns the ATM, first chance of a problem, whilst the transaction goes through Visa, neither are under the control of wise. There is also a bank charge for using their machine, which here in Thailand is hefty even if your wise balance is held in baht. There is no charge for paying for goods and services with their card and no commission or exchange rate issue if your balance is in baht.

• Like 1