Trump loses again in yet another court fight over Mar-a-Lago documents scandal

Scott

Photo: Christopher Halloran/Shutterstock

The New York Times reports that Beryl A. Howell, the chief judge of the Federal District Court in Washington, rules that the former president's lawyers have to hand over the names of private investigators whom they claimed conducted searches of Trump properties for additional classified documents.

According to the Times, the Department of Justice wants the names of the investigators so it can question them personally on their findings.

"The fact that the Justice Department sought a formal order for the investigators’ names suggests an increasing breakdown in trust between prosecutors investigating the documents case and Mr. Trump’s legal team," the paper writes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-loses-again-in-yet-another-court-fight-over-mar-a-lago-documents-scandal/ar-AA161svc?li=BBnbfcL

MSN Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

• Like 1

I suspect he has some sort of he-man fetish.  When he gets taken down it has to be by someone he admires.  Remember him being in awe of Bob Woodward?

I haven't heard much about him doing the usual insult barrage on Smith.  Or am I missing it?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quite incredible how Trump's classified documents issue has dropped off the 24/7 news cycle it was on, isn't it? I wonder how that could have happened? Did unpredicted events force the narrative to change dramatically? From the most serious crime possible and a clear danger to US security, to crickets...

I am left wondering if the outrage was justified and authentic?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Quite incredible how Trump's classified documents issue has dropped off the 24/7 news cycle it was on, isn't it? I wonder how that could have happened? Did unpredicted events force the narrative to change dramatically? From the most serious crime possible and a clear danger to US security, to crickets...

I am left wondering if the outrage was justified and authentic?

Trump has been rather quiet about it, indeed.

It's now three weeks since the last time he insulted the special counsel. It's unusual.

• Haha 1

Well Hunter Biden's laptop will be joined by Donald Trump's laptop. How rich, and I don't mean Seth Rich.

A Trump lawyer said a current aide's laptop turned in to federal investigators contained a copy of a classified folder, report says

Former President Trump's lawyer turned in a laptop belonging to a former aide, outlets reported.
The lawyer reportedly told federal agents the computer contained a folder with classification markings.
Sources told CNN the aide did not realize the documents were classified.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-aide-laptop-copies-of-classified-docs-report-says-2023-2